MetaTester 5 Agents Manager using wrong network

I'm trying to use the the MetaTester 5 Agents Manager on a server for local use, however, I have several local and virtual network adapters on this server, including two VPNs.

The Agents Manager is binding the agents to the IP address of one of the VPNs instead of binding it to the actual local network where I wish to use it, and naturally I'm unable to connect to the agents from my local network.

The program doesn't seem to offer me means to select what network I want it to open the ports to. Any idea how to workaround this problem?

Havenard:

I'm trying to use the the MetaTester 5 Agents Manager on a server for local use, however, I have several local and virtual network adapters on this server, including two VPNs.

The Agents Manager is binding the agents to the IP address of one of the VPNs instead of binding it to the actual local network where I wish to use it, and naturally I'm unable to connect to the agents from my local network.

The program doesn't seem to offer me means to select what network I want it to open the ports to. Any idea how to workaround this problem?

The agents are not bound to a specific address. You just have to configure your firewall to all access to your local IP/port.

Alain Verleyen:
The agents are not bind to a specific address. You just have to configure your firewall to all access to your local IP/port.

Yes they are, but nevermind I just figured out myself how to do it, I'll leave it here in case someone else needs it.

Open Agents Manager, Stop and Uninstall all agents.

Open command prompt and go to the MetaTester 5 Agents Manager installation folder (cd "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester")

Run the commands:

MetaTester64.exe /install /password:MetaTester /start /address:192.168.0.1:2000
MetaTester64.exe /install /password:MetaTester /start /address:192.168.0.1:2001
MetaTester64.exe /install /password:MetaTester /start /address:192.168.0.1:2002 ...

One for each CPU Thread you have (or as many as you want to use), while specifying the correct network IP address you want them to bind to or binding to IP 0.0.0.0 to have them work on all networks interfaces.

Once they are installed with the correct IP address they will bind to the same address again even if restarted.

Havenard:

Yes they are, but nevermind I just figured out myself how to do it, I'll leave it here in case someone else needs it.

Thanks. But by default the agents are not bound to a specific address when you install them via the Setup program.

HI guys

I have kind of the same issue nowadays. I use Kaspersky as antivirus

I realized that my MT 5 strategy tester has a different IP from my PC. If i check on control painel, my IP starts 192... but the strategy tester starts with 169...

I have not ideia how to fixed it.

On Kaspersky, I set on firewall as "trusted" for stratery tester 

Thanks

Reason: