Multiple Positions

Hello Everybody , 

This is my first forum ever. I never wrote one before on any website. So i apologize if it is misplaced. 

I have an idea that i am trying to develop. In order for me to progress with it , I need to be able to set the EA to have the ability to open a new position when there is one already open. or in other words to add to that position without closing it. Please advice if that is possible , and how can i set it up. Does it need coding ? This is essential so i can be able to back test my strategy.

Is there another software that will help me do that ? I found this software somewhere on one of the forms here, 

http://www.molanis.com/products/expert-advisor-visual-wizard/ea-builder-mt5-download

and i was wondering if that can help me set multiple positions.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help and support. 

Expert Advisor Visual Wizard Download
  • Molanis Marketing
  • www.molanis.com
Please note that MetaTrader 5 is a beta software so it may contains bugs. Our software is a beta software since it is developed for MetaTrader 5 (which is a beta software). To download and install Expert Advisor Visual Wizard (Beta) follow the instructions below. Molanis products can be installed on Windows XP Professional, Server 2003 or...

Anaskasawat:

Hello Everybody , 

This is my first forum ever. I never wrote one before on any website. So i apologize if it is misplaced. 

I have an idea that i am trying to develop. In order for me to progress with it , I need to be able to set the EA to have the ability to open a new position when there is one already open. or in other words to add to that position without closing it. Please advice if that is possible , and how can i set it up. Does it need coding ? This is essential so i can be able to back test my strategy.

Is there another software that will help me do that ? I found this software somewhere on one of the forms here, 

http://www.molanis.com/products/expert-advisor-visual-wizard/ea-builder-mt5-download

and i was wondering if that can help me set multiple positions.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help and support. 

In MT5 the concept of position is different than in mt4. In mt4 all new positions are added, and you only have one position (short or long) - so the concept you need to manage is the max amount for your position. In Molanis in the start icon you can set this - there is a variable for that. For example if you set it at 0.002 and you trade lots of 0.001 - you will have two executed orders (similar to 2 positions in mt4) that add up to 0.002

molanisfx:
In MT5 the concept of position is different than in mt4. In mt4 all new positions are added, and you only have one position (short or long) - so the concept you need to manage is the max amount for your position. In Molanis in the start icon you can set this - there is a variable for that. For example if you set it at 0.002 and you trade lots of 0.001 - you will have two executed orders (similar to 2 positions in mt4) that add up to 0.002

Thank you for your reply. 

So is it possible to even set it at a larger amount that way it can have more than 10 orders for example ? and this only works with MT4 ? is that variable editable in MT4 ? I am still learning on how to create my strategy on molanis.  

Are you talking about scaling in where it adds to the position as price increases (if it were a buy signal)?

I dont think you understood molanisfx :) or I dont understood you :)

In MT5 you dont have orders like in MT4. In MT4 when opening 5 LONG orders of volume 1 you would see 5 order in your Trade box with each being 1 volume. In MQL5 you would se one line (called you position) looking just like your order in MQL4 but it would sit on a volume of 5 (all order counted together) for the long position. When opening a short of 1 volume your MQL4 would sit on 6 (5 longs and 1 short) orders where you MQL5 POSITION would sit on 4 (5long - 1 short = 4long)volume.

Hope this makes sense? 

rooster44:

Are you talking about scaling in where it adds to the position as price increases (if it were a buy signal)?

Yes thats exactly what am talking about , thats what i need . how can i set that up ?

Thanks  

Reason: