How To Reset Closed Profits to Zero?

I am using some functions to calculate my Closed Profits.

Once closed profits = X, I am having the EA shut down all orders and restart.

How can I get the closed profits to reset itself to 0?
I have tried a few methods, such as getting the EA to reset closeProfit to 0 as well as getting my uniqueMagic to add 1 to the number.

I am using code similar to below but it is not working:

if (closedProfit > ProfitTarget) {
ClosePendingOrdersAndPositions();
closedProfit=0;
uniqueMagic = uniqueMagic +1; }

I know this must require global variables, but even after reading the documentation on their use... I am still completely clueless 

I don't understand , may be this way you need

if (closedProfit > ProfitTarget) 
    {     
     ClosePendingOrdersAndPositions(); // try close/delete all(by MagicNumber etc.) orders
     if (OrderTotals()==0) // all orders are closed and deleted
        {
         closedProfit=0;
         uniqueMagic = uniqueMagic +1;   
        }
    }

Thank you!! I am very grateful for your reply, however this still does not make it work.
My only guess is to use global variables...but I have no clue on how to use them. I need an example of some sort to help point me in the right direction so I can start coding them on my own.

Thanks,
Jon 

since you said you don't understand here is exacly what I am trying to do.
Once equity has reached a profit of X, i need the EA to close all orders and reset itself to run again in a way that it no longers looks at what was closed on prior magic number, but uses a NEW magic number so it can once again do the same things as before.

The proble I am having is lets say balance is 10k. Once equity reaches 10.5k close all orders and start again. The EA constanly sees that equity is +5 (10.5K) so it does not understand that I want the next value to be 11k (+5), and so on 

Yes, you can use global variable.

double ProfitbyMN(int MN)
{
double profit;
if (OrderMagicNumber()==MN) res=res+OrderProfit();
return(profit);
}
int oldMagicNumber=GlobalVariableGet("MagicNumber");
if (ProfitbyMN(oldMagicNumber)>ProfitTarget)
{
CloseDeleteByMN(oldMagicNumber);
GlobalVariableSet("MagicNumber",oldMagicNumber+1);
}
Reason: