'Lag/delay' between my MT4 platform, & my broker's server...

There seems to be a 'lag/delay' between my MT4 platform, & my broker's server. My broker says their system works with other worldwide clients perfectly... yes, on friday, the broker did re-download the platform via remote access for me (twice), but it didn't get better.

In frustration I took my computer over to a local tech for advice- I thought it needed more memory, but he says that's not the fault.

Today, my ISP sent a tech to check my connections- my connection is ok. And the tech says adding a new modem will not allow for faster response times.

In short, all the tech-guys r puzzled.

Do you guys have any ideas as to what might be happening?

Forex Trader:

There seems to be a 'lag/delay' between my MT4 platform, & my broker's server. My broker says their system works with other worldwide clients perfectly... yes, on friday, the broker did re-download the platform via remote access for me (twice), but it didn't get better.

In frustration I took my computer over to a local tech for advice- I thought it needed more memory, but he says that's not the fault.

Today, my ISP sent a tech to check my connections- my connection is ok. And the tech says adding a new modem will not allow for faster response times.

In short, all the tech-guys r puzzled.

Do you guys have any ideas as to what might be happening?

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer? Mine is about 3 minutes behind. It's essentially useless. What have you done? my personal email is hman2k1@gmail.com

Do you have a demo account or a standard account?  I am not sure if you talked about this already with your broker or not, but on some brokers' demo accounts, there is a purposeful delay between the actual information and when your system receives it.  If you have a regular paid account, then this should not be the case.
Reason: