Can I buy the Core of MetaTrading platform (including source code) to build my own trading system

Firstly, I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

I want to write a trading system but I don't know where to start right now. Can I buy the core of MetaTrading platform (including source code) to start ? If yes, how cost is it ?

Everybody, please give me some advise for building trading system.

Thanks in advance.

--Hoan

HoanNguyen :

Can I buy the core of MetaTrading platform (including source code) to start ? If yes, how cost is it ?

Are you joking?

Probably meant buying an EA with source code... :)

That would be a more meaningful proposition.

blogzr3 :

Probably meant buying an EA with source code... :)

That would be a more meaningful proposition.

Thank you for your reply Rosh & blogzr3. Can you give me some advice about building my own forex trader system : where should I start ? where can I buy

core platform (including source code) to continue developing OR I should build it from the crash ? How is the support services ? ...

Please give me any hints about it.

Ok, it has to be asked.

So here goes...

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT?

we want to build our own trading system so that we can add more features to support customer. We are considering 2 solutions :

1. Build it from crash : it's very heavy work, right ?

2. Buy from a famous Company like MetaQuotes : i want to get more information about price, technical support services ... Is it expensive when we want to add another feature to their system ? Does the source code control easily ? etc

HoanNguyen :

we want to build our own trading system so that we can add more features to support customer. We are considering 2 solutions :

1. Build it from crash : it's very heavy work, right ?

2. Buy from a famous Company like MetaQuotes : i want to get more information about price, technical support services ... Is it expensive when we want to add another feature to their system ? Does the source code control easily ? etc

I think you mean "build from scratch" rather than crash.

From your response, my assumption is that you represent the application development department of a broker. In that case, I'd suggest that the correct approach would be to:

a) Rigorously size the "from scratch" development project based upon detailed functional and non-functional requirements and

b) Formally engage (company to company) with any organizations you may think might be willing to license components of their software to give you a head start; I don't think this forum is the right place for you to do that.

Thanks for your response cloudbreaker.

Maybe this forum is not the right place to ask any question like mine. Can you tell me about metatrader4 license and their support services ? I sent my request to MT4 but have not received any response yet.

HoanNguyen :

Thanks for your response cloudbreaker.

Maybe this forum is not the right place to ask any question like mine. Can you tell me about metatrader4 license and their support services ? I sent my request to MT4 but have not received any response yet.

Hoan,

MT4 is a software for brokers. Indeed you can build a trading system using embedded language, but you do not need to buy the server license for it. The license costs a lot, plus there is a monthly service fee. Probably they do a discount now. We purchased it for our client in 2007. Also you need to take into account the cost of integration with the datafeed and trading gateway. Anyway, to find the most suitable solution for you, more details are needed. If you are interested in my info, contact me by my site in profile.

Hoan,

Do you need only client application or trading server too?
I need more info to help you.

HoanNguyen :

Everybody, please give me some advise for building trading system.

Hi there.

You might try an OpenSauce solution...

http://www.marketcetera.com/

"Download. Run. Trade."

Client and server can be downloaded (reg req'd) and it will give you some idea of what is involved to start from scratch...

Reason: