Can I buy the Core of MetaTrading platform (including source code) to build my own trading system - page 2

Hi,

What we ended up doing was building from scratch in Visual Basic. There are lots of support programs to help you do that (a quick google search will show you).

But I had to admit, the people at metaquotes did A LOT of work and thinking in their product. If you are focused on the strategy, then just learn MT4 and it's language.

The alternative requires a lot more thinking into the small nuances that we take for granted that the guys at metaquotes spent a lot of time working through.

We did it out of necessity because of the shear volume of orders and analysis that we do, but end up passing it in the end to metatrader for final execution. We did also execute through various API's in the past. That's a whole new set of nightmares. API's hanging, and not telling you. Multiple servers to log into, dropping the quotes server but the execution server is still connected. "Small" changes to the API which break everything you've coded.

MT4 is not a bad thing. I have to admit, having complete control of your own application is not a bad thing either. Just be prepared for a larger undertaking than you originally expect.

Bottom Line: Try MT4, only if it cannot handle your EA (or strategy), then look elsewhere : - )

5of7 @ TheCollectiveFX.com

garysilver :

Hoan,

Do you need only client application or trading server too?
I need more info to help you.

Hi garysilver,

Firstly I need a client application.

If we are an agency of one of leading brokers such as : FXCM, FXDD, dbDX ... Can we get their live data for our trading customer and then transfer customer's orders from my side to that broker ?

Reason: