Incorrect Data and Timing on my Charts

I have been using MetaTrader for several months now and have installed MetaTrader 4 on my new PC in Thailand but have the following problems :-

1. I have no data between 19:45 31/12/2008 until 01:00 05/01/2008

2. My charts are ticking 2 hours ahead of GMT. Current time = 00:00 (Midnight), chart candle is currently (02:00)

Therefore none of my indicators such as moving averages will be accurate for at least a week.

I have attempted to reinstall the application a number of times but the only site server i can connect to is UWC-Demo.com.

I have a laptop with MetaTrader 4 already installed and configured to an alternative server and all data has been received on this correctly over the New Year.

Any help would be much appreciated as i cannot currently trust the new installation.

Quick Update :-

I copied the contents of my C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\Config directory from my laptop to my new PC and have successfully connected to and downloaded full history from ODL-Web Demo.

The candles are now ticking on the correct time and i have all data from 02/01/2009 making my MA's accurate. The price is also now ticking at the same price as my trading platform, previously there was a significant discrepancy of upto 10 pip between MetaTrader and my execution platform (this is on a 2 pip spread currency pair !)

Please can someone confirm how to manually redirect to a new server if i decide i have inaccurate data in the future.

Rosh,

Thanks for the link, but unfotunately i cant see any articles relating to my problem.

Essentially i need to know how to search for other servers when i feel that i do not have accurate market data. On installation from Thailand i can only scan and find one provider who's market data is clearly inaccurate.

If you can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Rgds,

mynextgig :

Rosh,

Thanks for the link, but unfotunately i cant see any articles relating to my problem.

You asked :

Please can someone confirm how to manually redirect to a new server if i decide i have inaccurate data in the future.

and in this article you can see how to add new trade server into your terminal (write server name in field "Server").

Ok, i see what you mean, however this doesnt necessarily answer my question.

I am trying to install MetaTrader on a new PC, fortunately i have a laptop with me that has already been configured with MetaTrader 4 and so i can see what the server name is and hopefully i wrote down the password when i originally installed it and have this to hand for configuration of my new PC.

If however i dont have a server name and/or the password and username to connect to that server what would i do next ?

mynextgig :

If however i dont have a server name and/or the password and username to connect to that server what would i do next ?

You have to look for in Internet, e.g. use google

Reason: