Nested iCustom timeframe

Hi there,

Lets say that I have indicator #1, indicator #2, indicator #3 attached to the M15 chart.

Each indicator has iCustom(NULL, 0,..........) configuration, successively calling next indicator in 1 to 3 order. So the "0" timeframe becomes M15 picked up from the chart.

My question is -- If I want to make call in M1 timeframe from #1 iCustom(NULL, M1,......., parameters,...... ) ,would the M1 tmeframe:

a) carry through to the #2 and #3 indicator? or

b) do I have to supply the M1 timeframe via the "extern" and "parameters" variables to the #2 and #3.

what a complicated chain and waste of CPU power, put the 3 calculation into the same indicator, and for your question; if you have a parameter used into the indicator for the timeframe it will be used; if not, then the current chart timeframe will be used, it does all depend if the timeframe is hardcoded or not into the indicator...

what a complicated chain and waste of CPU power, put the 3 calculation into the same indicator, and for your question; if you have a parameter used into the indicator for the timeframe it will be used; if not, then the current chart timeframe will be used, it does all depend if the timeframe is hardcoded or not into the indicator...

I do agree with you about the CPU power Lyes. However, I am in a development stage and need lot of Buffers to display my strategies. The 8 buffers are gravely insufficient for me in the single indicator. After I develop my strategy I will obviously do as you suggested.

So going back to my question Lyes, if I have "0" timeframe in my nested iCustom() calls, would the M1 call from #1 to #2 and from #2 to #3 indicators carry the timeframe from the calling indicator or from the chart to which they are attached i.e. M15.

Or is there separate thread processing developed for the M1 automaticaly during the compiling?

Or maybe I am totally confused about how such calls work.

I know that if I have an indicator displaying buffers and I want to change a parameter via the iCustom() call it will not effect the displayed values but it will return correct value, like if there is separate processing in the background.

So I know how the call works between #1 and #2, What I do not know is what happens to call from #2 to #3 providing that #2 is calling #3 with "0" as a hardcoded timeframe.

Would that "0" in #2 and #3 be substituted with the timeframe value from #1 call?

if you have 0 , the calculation will apply on the chart hosting the indicator (if not on a chart, from the EA timeframe calling the indicator). i suggest you code all the price variable access into your indicator with the timeframe parameter, eg instead of Close[n] , use iClose, etc... with the TimeFrame as a parameter defined as extern, if you do so, you can control the timeframe from the iCustom call and do not have to guess which one will be used.

if you have 0 , the calculation will apply on the chart hosting the indicator (if not on a chart, from the EA timeframe calling the indicator). i suggest you code all the price variable access into your indicator with the timeframe parameter, eg instead of Close[n] , use iClose, etc... with the TimeFrame as a parameter defined as extern, if you do so, you can control the timeframe from the iCustom call and do not have to guess which one will be used.

Thanks!
Yes, iClose..... that is good point Lyes.
From the day one, I wish that there would be a zoom feature to select bars on the chart and a different timeframe could be set for the selection. In many cases you can use high timeframe until you reach the critical point and there you must go on the tick level.

Well maybe MT5......
Reason: