request x Slowa

Hi Slowa

I have a question for you.

I know in offline mode I can create charts with different timeframes (360 min for exemple) from 1 min bars.
how can i create and use these timeframes in the online mode, to use my strategies not with the standard timeframes?

Thank you

Hi Slawa,

i followed your instructions on the discussion you suggested me.
It works but i noticed the following limits for this function:
Everytime i open the MT client i have to rebuild the chart (with the timeframe i need) with the period converter, reopen the built chart, set the online window chart and upload the e.a.
However i need to use this e.a. for a lot of charts (for different timeframes and crosses) this is a big limit of the MT client.
I'd like to make some suggestions:
he MT4 should update the historical data (only the 1 min data!) every tick, then i have the updated data and i can build all the other timeframes from the 1 min. If the MT4 use only 1 min data you can choose the timeframe everytime you open a chart (using less hard disk space).
As you know, it's the way Tradestation works; I sincerely prefer MT4 than Tradestation, but i wouldn't these limits.

Thank you, best regards

Eugenio

I believe you can trick MT but nothing stops you to monitor the tick into your EA and build your own bars based on your local time or server time...as for applying indicators on your data, source code are everywhere so you should not have any trouble, if you need historical data to apply your indicators, at the init of your EA, just recalculate your bars based on the M1 data available....
Reason: