I need MQL4 to communicate with 3rd party application

What are ways for MQL4 to communicate to an external program?

Specifically, I have a Perl script and I need MQL4 EA to communicate with my perl script. I dont like to write these scripts into DLL though.

Try liking DLL...

As I said, I dont like to write my 3rd party application/script into a DLL; I prefer to use standard/available DLL. Im not a DLL expert.

OR Do you know which windows DLL that can be used to open TCPIP socket?
Currently, I only know of "wininet.dll" used in the GrabWeb example (for fetching webpages). I appreciate if you can give an example.

BTW. I am writing an application (in Perl Script) that will manage (open/close) positions across multiple MT4 brokers. This application will act as a "server type" Command Console. It runs independently and separately from the MT4 platforms (various brokers). Then on each MT4 platform, an EA/Script will be running, sending information and receiving commands from the Command Console.

Thanks!

What are you trying to accomplish?

I have multiple brokers. And I want to place trades, manage positions from a central console.

I dont know if multiterminal can do this. But what I DO know is that, I have special scripts EA installed on each broker that can automate part of the functions that are not included even on the basic MT4 platform.

Buttom line: I need MQL4 to communicate to an external program preferably using socket communication.

Why I have multiple brokers instead of just 1? Because there are so many MT4 brokers that screws up/play dirty games when you have larger funds with them. Thus I have to "diversify" my funds into several/many brokers. Of course, I can always just go with big/reliable bank based currenex brokers (where spreads are tighter) but I have several friends who want me to manage their accounts too. MT4 is an easy platform to use and easy to start a small account.

I guess your needs are a bit beyond my skills and interest. Good luck.

I have multiple brokers. And I want to place trades, manage positions from a central console.

I dont know if multiterminal can do this. But what I DO know is that, I have special scripts EA installed on each broker that can automate part of the functions that are not included even on the basic MT4 platform.

Buttom line: I need MQL4 to communicate to an external program preferably using socket communication.

Why I have multiple brokers instead of just 1? Because there are so many MT4 brokers that screws up/play dirty games when you have larger funds with them. Thus I have to "diversify" my funds into several/many brokers. Of course, I can always just go with big/reliable bank based currenex brokers (where spreads are tighter) but I have several friends who want me to manage their accounts too. MT4 is an easy platform to use and easy to start a small account.

Hello,

you can take look at www.varengoldbankfx.com
they have no dealing desk and they are bank

good luck

Hello,

good luck

Hello BurgerKing,

Have you found the solution? I am also looking for a good solution to send command to MQL4 EA from a java trading control pannel (which contains some preconfigured buttons such as "Buy", "Sell", "Flat", etc.). If you already found your solution, could you tell me how you did it? Thanks.

- Clearpicks

What are ways for MQL4 to communicate to an external program?

Specifically, I have a Perl script and I need MQL4 EA to communicate with my perl script. I dont like to write these scripts into DLL though.

Hello,

good luck

Hello,
They have a bridge between MT4 and Currenex?
Thanks
FXman
Reason: