MT4 RTD bridge

Hello,

I want to send RTD from MQL.

In Excel commands can be send using RDT: “=RTD("ProgID,"server","Topic1",..."Topic n")” There you can send e.g. a command to place an order to another RTD server.

Now I want not to use Excel, I need a bridge to send RTD commands from my MQL code.

I offered it as a job in the market yesterday and today with a higher budget. But I am afraid that it is not common enough so that someone will apply. Now I need to investigate for further information on how it could be done. Do you have any idea where to pick up? Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan.

It's not about being common enough you are trying to connect a home cinema set to a refrigerator.

You can in stead use the build in file functions and read/write to file as csv.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/files/fileopen

Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileOpen
Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileOpen
  • www.mql5.com
File Functions / FileOpen - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

I don't even know what is RTD ?

Marco vd Heijden:

It's not about being common enough you are trying to connect a home cinema set to a refrigerator.

You can in stead use the build in file functions and read/write to file as csv.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/files/fileopen

Haha :)

If RTD would be a technology to fetch a cold beer it would be the perfect link between the home cinema and the fridge!

The 3rd party application offers RTD as API. So I need to communicate using RTD with this app. That is why csv is no option.

Alain Verleyen:
I don't even know what is RTD ?

Real Time Data.

In this video it is explained. There is an EA used to act as a RTD server. Now you can put RTD commands into your Excel file (see video) and you can receive information from the EA.

But I don´t want to connect Excel and MT4. I want to connect MT4 and another application that runs a RTD server.

Excel RTD
Excel RTD
  • pepperstone.com
The Excel RTD is a powerful tool that enables users’ monitoring, analysis and reporting functionality in Excel based on real-time market data. Traders can build simple spreadsheets that display and analyse their...

Jan Tarnogrocki:

Real Time Data.

In this video it is explained. There is an EA used to act as a RTD server. Now you can put RTD commands into your Excel file (see video) and you can receive information from the EA.

But I don´t want to connect Excel and MT4. I want to connect MT4 and another application that runs a RTD server.

As I understand RTD is a technology using COM automation. This technology is not supported by MT4, you will probably need a DLL wrapper : the DLL will connect to your RTD Server, and you can all it from MT4.

PS: Did you ask on mql4.com forum ? Try more specifically to user jjc

Alain Verleyen:

As I understand RTD is a technology using COM automation. This technology is not supported by MT4, you will probably need a DLL wrapper : the DLL will connect to your RTD Server, and you can all it from MT4.

PS: Did you ask on mql4.com forum ? Try more specifically to user jjc

Thanks for the hint. Is it possible to send a pm on mql4.com?

Jan Tarnogrocki:
Thanks for the hint. Is it possible to send a pm on mql4.com?
Unfortunately not.
Reason: