Seller registration: phone confirmation code is never delivered to a China mobile number

 
Hi, I am trying to complete the seller registration, Step 1 "Confirm your phone number". My account is 0145236. I am in China and my mobile operator does not deliver international SMS, so the confirmation code never arrives. I have tried two different +86 numbers. I noticed the confirmation dialog offers two delivery methods: "Text message (SMS)" and "Telegram Bot". When I try to switch to the Telegram option, the method selector appears to be locked while a code is already pending, and after a few attempts the form only shows "Confirm / Cancel" with no code field at all. My questions: 1. Can the phone confirmation be completed through the Telegram bot instead of SMS? 2. If a number simply cannot receive the code, can support confirm it manually, or must I use a number that receives international SMS? 3. Is the "maximum 3 confirmations" limit per day, and does it reset the next day? I have also written to support@mql5.com about this. Any guidance would be appreciated - I would like to publish a trading application on the Market. Thanks.
 
0145236:
1. Can the phone confirmation be completed through the Telegram bot instead of SMS? 2. If a number simply cannot receive the code, can support confirm it manually, or must I use a number that receives international SMS? 3. Is the "maximum 3 confirmations" limit per day, and does it reset the next day? I have also written to support@mql5.com about this. Any guidance would be appreciated - I would like to publish a trading application on the Market. Thanks.

Hi,

I’m not sure whether the issue is related to the Chinese number specifically, or to the type of number you are using. MQL5 sometimes does not accept certain types of numbers, such as VoIP or virtual numbers. You could try using another phone number if possible.

Regarding your questions:

  1. I verified my phone number using Telegram, and it worked. So Telegram verification is possible. However, if MQL5 does not accept the phone number itself, you probably will not be able to verify it through Telegram either. The verification method (SMS or Telegram) does not change whether the number is accepted.

  2. I’m not sure, but as far as I know, there is no manual way to verify the phone number. You would need to use a number that can be verified by the available methods.

  3. Yes, the limit resets after 24 hours.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.