What is your Preffered Syle of trading? Swing Day Or Scalping - page 4

i can't really choose coz i do both btw and they're almost equally profitable to me, but swing trading is easier to manage so I'll pick swing trading
To me scalping is more or loss gambling. If one is trading without a strategic approach to trade entries, TPs and SLs which are determined by higher timeframes (day trading) then what is the point in trading? Might as well go to a casino?
Scalping definitely. i prefer short-term setups and an EA that can handle fast entries/exits, good execution and risk management. something that can be profitable consistently over the long term would be ideal..
Primarily intraday trading. A disciplined approach: in and out during favorable market conditions, with the flexibility to hold positions overnight when needed (which I do occasionally), and no forced trades
Zenzo Phathisani Mtungwa:
What is your Preffered Syle of trading?  Swing Day Or Scalping?

What EA would you prefer for developers to make you assuming All of the work and are profitable?
I learnt swing trading right from the starting of my trading career, and I'd say it's the best 
Scalping is just noise and gambling 
Ebipadé Prince Okara #:
I learnt swing trading right from the starting of my trading career, and I'd say it's the best 
Scalping is just noise and gambling 
That is a smart decision─especially for beginning traders. Without enough trading and coding experience, attempting to scalp will likely be unprofitable. After becoming consistently profitable in swing trading, there will plenty of time to develop a consistently profitable scalping strategy without being in a hurry to do so. A lot of time is needed because scalping is very much like trying to do the impossible, however it can be done... eventually.
[Deleted]
Scalping. I have many small trades and I collect money. It is hard work but only this way I am profitable.

Zenzo, I appreciate your focus on the developer side of this equation. It is refreshing to see a discussion move beyond just style preference toward the practical reality of what makes an EA actually work in the long run.

Building on what Marco mentioned regarding risk management, I have found that while backtests often show smooth equity curves, live trading almost always introduces execution delays that can break a tight scalping strategy. I have learned to build in a dynamic slippage buffer that adjusts based on volatility rather than relying on fixed offsets. How do you handle the discrepancy between your strategy assumptions and the actual execution speed you see on your live account?

How about scalping and swing trading together. You scalp when the market isn't trending, and you could hold a trade for 1 - 5 days if the regime is consistent.
Conor Mcnamara #:
How about scalping and swing trading together. You scalp when the market isn't trending, and you could hold a trade for 1 - 5 days if the regime is consistent.

Interesting.🤔

The issues that I've found with that are the lag of market phase confirmation and the concurrent risk of widening stops. By the time that I confirm a change in phase, that phase is already at or near its end. Therefore, the widened stop that is inherently required for swing trading tends to do violence to my scalping strategy. My "not so grand" conclusion is to simply keep on scalping in ranging and trending phases. On a small timeframe/custom chart structure, scalping "micro-trends" is actually easy, while scalping the "micro-ranges" is more challenging.