All DDE pairs OK except can't link to EURUSD

I have DDE running linked to an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2002 SP3). Everything runs OK except that I can't get a value for EURUSD. In addition, this always comes up lower case in the cell, even if I switch off Spelling, AutoCorrect etc etc. Has anybody come across this before, or have a solution?
Many thanks.

Check the symbol name. May be your client terminal have symbols like "EURUSD." or "EURUSD!"

Thank you for your reply.

I have some more information. After 15 mins or so, Excel seems to "find" the value for EURUSD coming from MT4. All other values are linked as soon as the programme is live. I feel it connected with the fact that the EURUSD symbol is always shown lower case as "eurusd", irrespective of the fact that I input the symbol in Capitals. I have switched off all Spelling and AutoCorrection in Excel, without making any difference. The inconsistency in the problem suggests a bug in Excel, but I am only guessing here.

I am consistently having problems with the DDE function in my latest version of MT4 (build 206 with Alpari data feed). I have attached a link to an Excel snapshot showing the currency pairs that do not send the data to Excel. These are currently 7 pairs out of a total of approx 28.

In addition, on starting Excel and MT4, the EURUSD pair and the EURCHF pair do not show the numerical linked data, until I bring the formula up in the Excel Formula bar, select the "eurusd" text or the "gbpchf" text, and then hit return. After doing this, the link seems to be established and the cell will show the numerical data. I also notice that some currency pairs show the text in lower case, and I am unable to change it to upper case.

Any ideas as to how to rectify this?

Try NZDUSD (capital letters) instead of nzdusd

I've checked

Very,very interesting, Slawa and Rosh, especially as it comes up as Caps on your systems.

When I type capital letters (NZDUSD) over the lower case letters (nzdusd) and press return, it reverts immediately back to the lower case. I have AutoCorrect options switched off in Excel. In addition, when I type in the various parts of the string, all letters remain caps until I add the equals symbol. In other words, I can hold "ASK!NZDUSD" in a cell, and even "MT4|ASK!NZDUSD", but as soon as I add the equals sign, the NZDUSD reverts to lower case.

In fact, if I replace "nzdusd" with "gbpusd" in lower case and press return, the letters change to "GBPUSD" in upper case. And the euroaussie cross shows up as "EURaud", a hybrid with no numerical value linked to it. I do not understand what is determining this behaviour.

Do I understand that you can link satisfactorily to all the various pairs by DDE? or have you found any that have the same problem as I face?

OK.

I have found a work around for this, and, for anyone who might ever have the same problem, here is what I did. The problem is machine specific. I opened a new instance of MT4 on another machine on the network, and using the provided DDE sample sheet as my starting point, I compiled the list of pairs with their DDE links on this other machine. I then saved the file, and transferred it back to the original machine. On opening it on the original machine, all the links worked, and all the individual letters remained as capital letters. In addition, now typing in the letters in lower case, automatically changes them back to capitals letter. I have to say I have no idea why this works, but at least the problem is fixed.
Reason: