Diagnostic Tools Request

When maintaining trade platforms, sometimes I encounter some unexplainable errors. Most of the time, a complete reinstall does the trick. However, it would be nice if I understood how to use the diagnostic tools. Does this trade system have any that I'm unaware of?

For instance, I maintenance several expert advisers that rely on history. From time to time, the history becomes unaccessible and the trade station then needs to be reinstalled. (Happened on a German version of XP here recently. There was nothing I could do to access the history, not even after a complete reinstall.) The expert adviser couldn't access the history either and didn't shut down when it should have.

I also find strange errors from time to time where certain functions using the same adviser script will stop working on one tradestation while it works fine on others.

All in all, it would be nice to know what's going on under the hood. Example, if the script is tying up system resources, etc.

When maintaining trade platforms, sometimes I encounter some unexplainable errors. Most of the time, a complete reinstall does the trick. However, it would be nice if I understood how to use the diagnostic tools. Does this trade system have any that I'm unaware of?

For instance, I maintenance several expert advisers that rely on history. From time to time, the history becomes unaccessible and the trade station then needs to be reinstalled. (Happened on a German version of XP here recently. There was nothing I could do to access the history, not even after a complete reinstall.) The expert adviser couldn't access the history either and didn't shut down when it should have.

I also find strange errors from time to time where certain functions using the same adviser script will stop working on one tradestation while it works fine on others.

All in all, it would be nice to know what's going on under the hood. Example, if the script is tying up system resources, etc.

I really do believe your problem is history-specific. I mean, 1. where did you get this history from? 2. did you mess with it in any way (converted it, etc.)?
My point is this: IF you get your history from some unknown (read = not reliable) source OR if you messed with it in any way, such history might be messed up in some way so I see no wonder that such a history (if that's your case) might not work properly.

Regards,
D.

LOL, I hope that reply wasn't technical support. I'm not sure I understand the point.
Reason: