memory leak in build 200 - page 2

I cannot detect memory leaks. I've used standard debugger, memory validator and bounds checker. No memory leaks.

In build 200, the tick modelling algorithm has been changed. The amount of ticks generated is now about 1.5-2 times more than before. If you want to free memory after testing, close the Tester window and then reopen it.

I have removed your source code already.

This is not in testing! This is in live / demo accounts. Open 6 charts and attach the code I sent you to all six charts and leave it running in a demo account for 12 hours...your computer will have no memory left....where in previous versions it will be fine. You cannot recreate the problem in backtesting. Please don't drop this, this is a real issue and many people will be dead in the water when they are forced to upgrade to build 200+. I have tested this extensively and have recreated the results on several different computers all doing the same thing. Please continue to look into this.

This one is using a lot of memory 290mb.
After closing the tester it dropped but only down to 87mb which is still quite a bit.
The top terminal.exe is build 198. The one at the bottom is build 200

Did You press "Download" button in the History Center? When data are downloaded, parameter "max bars" increased automatically.

Please check parameters "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart". Max bars in chart immediately influences on memory usage.

Yes i downloaded data and am using max bars

I have the same problem with Mt4 build 201.
No EA, only indicators, 6 charts open.
When i checked to window's taskmanager, on processes tab, terminal.exe indicated mem usage 200 MB after 3 hours trading time.

How much bars are in the charts? How often do You reopen charts?

Max bar in the chart = 65000
Max bar history = 512000

terminal.exe mem usage = 194796 K. at this time.

6 charts open in one time.

Did You change Profile? How often?
Do You start tester?

Did You change Profile? Yes.
How often? once.
Do You start tester? No.

Until this issue is resolved, you might find this freeware program helpful. I use the System Scheduler to run a bat file every hour which resets the system. It might be helpful for the MetaQuotes to know what broker you are using just in case the problems we are dealing may be server specific.

Link: http://www.tucows.com/preview/195734

Here is a sample of the batch file I use (multple system example):

taskkill /IM terminal.exe
start c:\PROGRA~1\MIG\mig2\terminal.exe
start c:\PROGRA~1\MIG\mig3\terminal.exe
start c:\PROGRA~1\MIG\mig4\terminal.exe
start c:\PROGRA~1\MIG\mig5\terminal.exe
start c:\PROGRA~1\MIG\mig6\terminal.exe

Slawa,

Here in a few months, I'll be showing up at your doorstep personally to resolve this issue. I'll have a real working script with me to demonstrate what is going on. However, I do not feel comfortable submitting the script over the internet. I'd rather handle this in person.

Thanks.

Reason: