MT5: “tester agent authorization error” in build 4085

One of my MQL5 terminal instances (vanilla terminal downloaded from here) is suddenly refusing to run back tests (with above error) after updating to beta release 4085. It has always worked fine in the past. Other instances are working OK with the same build number and same PC (broker versions).

Any hints as to what I could do to solve this? Have tried restarting the terminal in question, and the PC.

Build 4085 is a “beta” which might have bugs. The latest officially released build is 4040 — New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4040: Improvements and fixes

Unfortunately, it is not publicly disclosed that downloading MetaTrader from the MetaQuotes website, or connecting to their demo trade server, will cause it to update with “beta” builds.

So, please use your backups to restore your setup to build 4040 and only connect to broker provided accounts.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Build 4085 is a “beta” which might have bugs. The latest officially released build is 4040 — New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4040: Improvements and fixes

Unfortunately, it is not publicly disclosed that downloading MetaTrader from the MetaQuotes website, or connecting to their demo trade server, will cause it to update with “beta” builds.

So, please use your backups to restore your setup to build 4040 and only connect to broker provided accounts.

I know it's a beta - and I normally only use release versions. However, there was a compiler issue in build 4040 that was only solved by updating to a beta.

Surely the point of betas is to uncover bugs so that they can be fixed in the release version? Hence my posting here.

Even though MetaQuotes pushes out "beta" builds, they have not created any official way to report bugs.

The most effective way, seems to be to post in the Russian section, under the thread/topic for the latest official release.

Posting in the English section is much less effective because the admin/devs visit it much less frequently.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Even though MetaQuotes pushes out "beta" builds, they have not created any official way to report bugs.

The most effective way, seems to be to post in the Russian section, under the thread/topic for the latest official release.

Posting in the English section is much less effective because the admin/devs visit it much less frequently.

I'll try that - thanks!

francobritannique #: I'll try that - thanks!
However, to get noticed you will have to substantiate your bug report with instructions on how to replicate it, or else it will probably be ignored.

Fernando Carreiro #:
However, to get noticed you will have to substantiate your bug report with instructions on how to replicate it, or else it will probably be ignored.

Past experience suggests that it's easier just to upgrade as soon as a new release is out and hope the bug is fixed!

Fernando Carreiro #:
This user is not interested to help others in any way, just to have his issue solved somehow. I will ignore his posts as it's just waste of time.
Reason: