Problem with Error # 129 - Invalid price - Unnormalized ?

Hi,

I do not understand Error # 129. If my code has just refreshed rates before sending an order, how could the bid or ask price be invalid? Also, how could the bid or ask price be unnormalized, I thought that MT4 automatically reads all bid and and ask prices with 4 digits after the decimal place. How do I stop this error? Where and how do I normalize prices before sending a buy order? My expert advisor tried to place a buy order at 1.2867, how could the ask price of 1.2867 be unnormalized?

Why are prices sometimes normalized and other times not normalised, why does this happen and what does normalization depend on ? I really appreciate you help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

RJF

Expose please source code to explain this problem

Expose please source code to explain this problem

I am not permitted by our company to disclose source code.

There is no problems with our expert advisor code.

The error # 129 only occurred once and then it disappeared.

I just dont understand why the error should happen anyway. My question is, under what conditions would a bid or ask price become invalid (apart from a price change)? And, how could a bid or ask price be un-normalized ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

RJF

It may be obsolete price on the very fast market

Thanks Slawa. But I thought that trying to use an obsolete bid or ask price hwen sending an order would result in Error Number 138 and not Error Number 129.

If I call the Bid or Ask price when I send an order, should not the bid or ask price "always" be normalized with 4 digits after the decimal place ie 1.2867 (even in a fast moving market) ?

Thanks again.

Regards

RJF

129 and 138 are similar errors

You don't need normalize bid or ask if they get from Bid or Ask variables or using MarketInfo function

RJF :
Thanks Slawa. But I thought that trying to use an obsolete bid or ask price hwen sending an order would result in Error Number 138 and not Error Number 129.

If I call the Bid or Ask price when I send an order, should not the bid or ask price "always" be normalized with 4 digits after the decimal place ie 1.2867 (even in a fast moving market) ?

Thanks again.

Regards

RJF

I just had an issue with error 129 coming up due to old quotes as it had been a while since the quotes were refreshed due to a sleep loop in my code. So try: RefreshRates(); I put in a refreshrates right before the order is sent and and voila

Reason: