Economic Calendar Request Limit

Hello, I am curious about the limit for requests to the latest info available on an economic event. When I went to the mql5 website and tried to scrape the data, my ip got banned shortly after and therefor made me concerned if the same thing could happen if i was to write an EA with a loop, and started that loop a minute or so before a release, such an inflation rate, was about to come out. And then I had the loop run until the data was released. Is this allowed, and what would be the limit to the amount of requests one can make to that calendar?

Andrew Booth:
Hello, I am curious about the limit for requests to the latest info available on an economic event. When I went to the mql5 website and tried to scrape the data, my ip got banned shortly after and therefor made me concerned if the same thing could happen if i was to write an EA with a loop, and started that loop a minute or so before a release, such an inflation rate, was about to come out. And then I had the loop run until the data was released. Is this allowed, and what would be the limit to the amount of requests one can make to that calendar?
  1. Why would you go to the extra trouble of scraping the data, when the Economic Calendar it is freely available and directly accessible via MQL5 programming?
  2. Did you not read the Terms and Conditions of this website?
    3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.
Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar
Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar
  • www.mql5.com
Economic Calendar - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. Why would you go to the extra trouble of scraping the data, when it is freely available via MQL5 programming (Economic Calendar) ?
  2. Did you not read the Terms and Conditions of this website?
    3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.

Because I do no know C++ and I know python which is way easier for me, the python integration does not include the economic calendar functions so I wanted to see if I was able to grab it with the knowledge I have. But knowing now that I cannot, I plan to use the programming and i have questions about it, so would you be able to tell me if there is a limit to the requests that you can make? I do not see that in the documentation, 
I am also curious about the latency of the release, as I've seen some older posts (over a year) mention that it is delayed. Are you aware if that still occurs?

Andrew Booth #: I plan to use the programming and i have questions about it, so would you be able to tell me if there is a limit to the requests that you can make? I do not see that in the documentation

I've never used it, but regarding the use via the MQL5 functions, I would assume that the data is cached by the terminal, and that is probably why no limits are mentioned in the MQL5 documentation.

Andrew Booth #: I am also curious about the latency of the release, as I've seen some older posts (over a year) mention that it is delayed. Are you aware if that still occurs?
I have no experience with it, as I've never used it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I've never used it, but regarding the use via the MQL5 functions, I would assume that the data is cached by the terminal, and that is probably why no limits are mentioned in the MQL5 documentation.

I have no experience with it, as I've never used it.

Ok well that is good news, I will follow it then to learn about any delays, and I will go ahead and learn C++ to use MQL5
However, I also see you linked to another chat codebase that exports news data to a text file and I will also look into that.

Thank you for your replies and help! 

Andrew Booth #:

Because I do no know C++ and I know python which is way easier for me, the python integration does not include the economic calendar functions so I wanted to see if I was able to grab it with the knowledge I have. But knowing now that I cannot, I plan to use the programming and i have questions about it, so would you be able to tell me if there is a limit to the requests that you can make? I do not see that in the documentation, 
I am also curious about the latency of the release, as I've seen some older posts (over a year) mention that it is delayed. Are you aware if that still occurs?

If you don’t want to move on from py, try looking for endpoints that offers the calendar in json format. But if you want to build something complex, it’s better go for Mql5 language. Keep in mind if you want to loop, you might gonna end get blocked from the API
Reason: