Have I been banned?

Although I write on my mobile phone, I have already asked if you have a possibility to download mql5 data all at once.

It said no, now I've created a script where it does.

It just downloads stuff from the website. 

I don't know if this is forbidden or not, but I got HTTP ERROR 403. Would I get banned now or something? 

I can write over my phone, was komisch ist. 

No, you are not banned, its probably an IP ban, try to restart your modem/router or wait for a few hours.

Mustafa Seyyid Sahin:
Although I write on my mobile phone, I have already asked if you have a possibility to download mql5 data all at once.

I don't know if this is forbidden or not, but I got HTTP ERROR 403. Would I get banned now or something? 

Terms of use say auto scraping, crawling or similar is forbidden.

Probably your IP got blocked temporarily.

Dominik Egert # :
In den Nutzungsbedingungen heißt es, dass Auto Scraping, Crawling oder ähnliches verboten ist.

Wahrscheinlich wurde Ihre IP vorübergehend gesperrt.

Oh okey, I didn't know that. Just do it, do you think the lockdown is for a few hours or forever? 

Eleni Anna Branou #:
No, you are not banned, its probably an IP ban, try to restart your modem/router or wait for a few hours.

I connected my cell phone WiFi to my laptop, now it works again.

Mustafa Seyyid Sahin:

Sounds like your public IP has been temporarily blocked due to making requests to the server too frequently.  It's pretty sensitive—I've experienced this over the course of normal usage of this site on several occasions, and learned to start pausing for a few seconds between clicks if I've done several in a row.

It should start working again after 24 hours since this first happened.  Don't keep hammering the server with requests or your IP block period might be extended.  In the meantime, you can still access the site with your phone since it has a different public IP address through your cellular provider (note that it too would experience the block if you connected it to your home WiFi instead of using cellular data).

Mustafa Seyyid Sahin: I don't know if this is forbidden or not, but I got HTTP ERROR 403. Would I get banned now or something? 

Yes, it against the Terms and Conditions to scrape this website. That is why you have suffered an temporary IP block.

3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.

Should you continue, you may end up having your "seller" status revoked and your community account permanently banned. So, don't do it!

Terms of Use of MQL5 community
Terms of Use of MQL5 community
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Use of MQL5 community website and different traders services.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it against the Terms and Conditions to scrape this website. That is why you have suffered an temporary IP block.

3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.

Should you continue, you may end up having your "seller" status revoked and your community account permanently banned. So, don't do it!

I face this error ( ERROR 403 ) one or max 2 times per year!!! but I never use such tools.

what else can cause this issue?!

Mahdi Ebrahimzadeh #: I face this error ( ERROR 403 ) one or max 2 times per year!!! but I never use such tools. what else can cause this issue?!

Even if you are not doing anything suspicious, even if one accesses too many pages, too quickly, it can trigger the auto-block.

It can also be triggered when you post a similar comment multiple times in succession.

We moderators, often get hit with this ourselves on occasion when we are doing clean-ups too quickly when removing spam.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Even if you are not doing anything suspicious, even if one accesses too many pages, too quickly, it can trigger the auto-block.

It can also be triggered when you post a similar comment multiple times in succession.

We moderators, often get hit with this ourselves on occasion when we are doing clean-ups too quickly when removing spam.

ooh, ok,

if it did same to moderators, it is fair to be banned one or two per year :)

thanks 

Fernando Carreiro #:

I kind of respect being blocked now if I download things way too quickly, of course I do it without a script from now on, should I take breaks every now and then or something like that. What happens if I get blocked even though I no longer use it?

Reason: