Problems importing historical data (build 191)

I've downloaded some data from the alpari database, loaded it into mt4 (build 191), output it into a csv, and done some manipulations on the time field; but when I try to import the new .csv file into the history I just get a blank window. I tried opening some other .hst files and they seemed to import just fine, but there was a catch. If I open a hst file in this manner:

tools -> history center -> import -> browse

and the 'Files of Type' drop box is 'Metaquotes files(*.hst)' everything works fine.

But if 'Files of Type' is set to 'All Files(*.*)' and I select an .hst file to open, I just get a blank dialog box with nothing to import. Same goes for the ASCII Text setting. Is there something I'm missing here? Do I need to do something special when not specifically selecting hst files for import? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Jack

Hello,

I had a problem to import historical data to Metatrader 4.0 build 191.

Problem is reproducible.

Steps done:
1./ data downloaded from Alpari web page - 1min. data EURUSD
2./ archive unziped, HST file found inside
3./ Metatrader started.
4./ Tools --> History center
5./ History center dialog opened
6./ I clicked + on FX-EURUSD to see EURUSD
7./ EURUSD marked
8./ Import button pressed
9./ Import:,M1 dialog opened
10./ Browse
11./ Files of type HST chosen
12./ File marked --> Open
13./ OK pressed in Import:,M1 dialog
14./ Nothing imported, blank window in History Center dialog

Please, am I doing something wrong?

or

Is it bug?

Please, can you send me or give me link where I can find lower version where it works OK. I would need downgrade if it is bug. Thanks

I forgot. The same problem in build 192 version. Tnhx

If you select (*.*) then hst-file name should be standard, ie instead of M1_EURUSD.HST should be EURUSD60.HST

Thanks for response. But I renamed M1_EURUSD.HST to EURUSD60.HST then tried to import but still having the same problem.

One note. If I browsed HST file then I did not see in "Import:, M1" dialog in columns Open High Close Low Volume now data. Should I see there something after browsing of file?

Thanks for response. But I renamed M1_EURUSD.HST to EURUSD60.HST then tried to import but still having the same problem.

Sorry, my mistake. 60 is period H1. M1 is 1. ie M1_EURUSD.HST should be EURUSD1.HST
What happened if You try to import selecting (*.hst)?

Thanks. If I try to import selecting *.hst then result is the same - nothing imported. The only one difference is that by selecting *.hst columns Separator, Skip, Shift are inactive.

If I browsed HST file then I did not see in "Import:, M1" dialog in columns Open High Close Low Volume now data. Should I see there something after browsing of file?
Reason: