Is a VPS for signal subscribers needed?

Hi

Can someone please confirm this info, does a signal subscriber really need a VPS?

I thought that the broker's VPS keeps and controls the connections?

Just asking before I waste money paying for another VPS if I don't need to?

Cheers Clinton

Yes, MQL5 VPS is highly advised in order to avoid power and network outages.

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

Clinton Lance Peterssen:

Hi

Can someone please confirm this info, does a signal subscriber really need a VPS?

I thought that the broker's VPS keeps and controls the connections?

Just asking before I waste money paying for another VPS if I don't need to?

Cheers Clinton

Copying signals on the MQL5 platform is an effective way to take advantage of the trading strategies of professional traders. However, in order to maintain a constant and stable signal copy, you need to open MT5 on your computer or virtual server (VPS). If you close MT5, you will not be able to receive new signals from the signal provider and may miss important trading opportunities. Therefore, you should leave MT5 running in the background or use a VPS to ensure continuous and safe signal copying.

Yes it's needed, unless you already have your terminal open non stop on your pc. But again, you'll have to worry about power cuts or internet issues if you use your PC. A VPS solves many problems with a small fee.

How to Subscribe to a MT5 Signal - How to subscribe to MT5 signals for real time signal subscription
How to Subscribe to a MT5 Signal - How to subscribe to MT5 signals for real time signal subscription
  • www.mql5.com
You should check for this:   signal enabled , message regularly (once a day i would say), in order to ensure that you are copying the signal perfectly. Thanks, i think i've noticed the issue after reading that - noticed in the journal that the currency pairs couldn't be found, and so must have been because they're not in the watchlist, i've added them so hopefully that'll be ok now

Ok dudes thanks for all that info.

Here is a problem I am getting.

I am running my signal account on my Mac and running my own copy account on my iPhone.

Some trades don't copy from my Mac / signal account to my phone / copy account, but if I connect to the copy account on my Mac then the copy iPhone account updates the trades.

My copy / phone account has a MQL5 VPS subscription so why does my signal not always send the trades to my phone??

Sounds complicated but I tried to explain it.

I would not like this problem once I get copy subscriptions !

Thanks Clinton

Ok I found the problem.

Somehow my copy server was stopped, not sure how that happened.

Thanks Clinton

Reason: