BUG: Multiple relogins

Hi MQ Guys,

Quite a few people I know including myself are running MT4 on VPS (Virtual Private Server) services. I've noticed that the Journal shows a constant stream of Relogins every 3 mins. It is independant of the broker and happens with just a single chart open and no EA or scripts running. Firewall is disabled, IIS is disabled, NetAdmin tells me there's no packet loss whatsoever between my VPS and internet and no other programs are running at the time.

The VPS is running under the Virtuozzo VPS Layer on Windows 2003 Server. I'm very concerned these relogins are going to impact EAs that require immediate trade action in a fast market which will be delayed in the processing of these Relogins.

MetaQuotes:
- what events occur to trigger one of these automatic relogins ?
- any idea what might be causing this to happen on such a consistant basis?
- is there any incompatibilities between MT4 and Virtuozzo ?
- what's the delay period between a relogin actually starting and when an EA becomes active again ?

Cheers
Martin

Could MetaQuotes please have a look at this one ?
Thanks

MetaQuotes:
- what's the delay period between a relogin actually starting and when an EA becomes active again ?

Yes. These questions are very important.

bump

bump

cooney is it connect failed [6] ? i get those errors very often weird problem

Jannik

Hi Guys,

I'm running MT4 on a SolarVPS provided VPS. The platform is on Windows 2003 Server under the Virtuozzo VPS layer.

I've found an oddity in the journal and wondered whether anyone else is seeing it occur in theie Journal as well.

Every 3 mins, the MT4 platform does a relogin by itself. This isn't tied to just IBFX either - it happens on the FXDD platform as well. SolarVPS have checked routing and connectivity but they say all is fine with zero packet loss. I've even tried it on a seperate VPS on a different and unoccupied node/host server but the same occurs.

If anyone else is using a VPS, would you mind checking and letting me know as well as the hosting company and whether it's a Virtuozzo layered VPS ?

Thanks for any help - this is a confirmation before I leave them
Rastarr

Alex,

Well I know you didn't write the words above as Rastarr is me on most every other forum on the internet. Whst'd the purpose of a straight cut/paste - it's essentially a repeat of my original post.

Martin a.k.a Rastarr

yes sorry
the problem is only VPS ?

Yes Alex, the issue does appear to be much more pronounce using the VPS. I asked the following questions in my initial thread as part of a process of logic to try and figure out what might have been the cause :-

Martin

I failed to mention, that I too have these logins in the journal on my home pc.

What I've done is turn up the volume and listen for the login sound to verify the entries in the journal. Several times a day I hear the disconnect sound followed soon after by the login sound.

Also, I think that each same-broker client does it simultaneously but different-broker client do not do it simultaneously. In other words, all of my IBFX do it at once and all my Alpari do it at once and TradeX and so on. But different brokers won't do it at the same time.

I thought it was simply internet latency and pretty much ignored the problem.
====================

Regardless, these questions do need to be answered:

Reason: