Technical glitches - page 2

Scott Littlefield #:OK but let me ask. Doesnt a VPS utilize an online computer? This is an old computer so that is probably my problem, but if a virtual machine has better specs, wouldn't that help with my latency issues. I am not actually trading on this platform. I just use the charts with my indicators for the signals. The last question is where can i go to find reputable programmers to help me. Tks again

The answer is — maybe! And as I already stated ... "However, you need to first find the cause before you consider it as a possible solution."

Scott Littlefield: I still have MT4 and having problems with latency and platforming freezing. Not sure if its because of my internet connection, broker or my indicators on the charts. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Will virtual hosting here help? Any suggestions would be appreciated. tks

May I also remind you that you posted a similar question some time back ... Issue with lagging mt4

So, what have you done or tried since then to identify or try to fix the issue?

Issue with lagging mt4
Issue with lagging mt4
  • www.mql5.com
Can someone offer me advice. I am still on mt4. I have indicators that really lag and lockup my platform and it is becoming a major issue...

Alain Verleyen #:

You called your topic "technical glitches", but after several posts, there is still 0 useful information provided.

You could get help and even maybe solutions on this forum, if and only if you provided the technical informations requested. You should start by giving better description of your issue with screenshots.

I am more than happy to provide anything you need, but other than logs I haven't been requested for anything else. Not sure how to describe my issues any differently either. I have a problem with lagging and freezing charts on my mt4 platform. I have multiple indicators on my charts and a layout of only three charts right now (with still lagging probs). But if this helps, I have included a screenshot of my layout with the indictors i currently use. I was told I could not talk about custom indicators on this forum so hopefully this is ok. I also included a system info screenshot of my computer specs as this is an old computer  and maybe that would help. Im happy to post the logs but not sure how to do that or which ones you need. My main question right now is whether the VPS service advertised here would increase my computing capacity to perform the calculations. I  do not use this account to trade only for indicator signals. My terminal does give me periodical messages that the indicators are too slow. I would rather not remove any of the indicators if at all possible but would be willing to reach out to programmers if they can help. Not sure if i can post to them on this board. Let me know what other info you need, but if you can give any clarity on the VPS, that would help. Thank you for your interest.

Files:
layout.png  236 kb
mtrcharts.png  234 kb
systeminfo.png  71 kb

Fernando Carreiro #:

May I also remind you that you posted a similar question some time back ... Issue with lagging mt4

So, what have you done or tried since then to identify or try to fix the issue?

Yes, my apologies. I tried to build my layout indicator by indicator after that posting. I thought i identified the possible culprit because it seemed to cause the most lag when i added it to the chart, but i really could not tell if it was the specific indicator or just that i was applying too many charts. My layout has been reduced but i still have lags with or without that indicator so i am wondering if it is my outdated computer specs. I attached the screenshot on my last message. Tks again.

Scott Littlefield #:

I am more than happy to provide anything you need, but other than logs I haven't been requested for anything else. Not sure how to describe my issues any differently either. I have a problem with lagging and freezing charts on my mt4 platform. I have multiple indicators on my charts and a layout of only three charts right now (with still lagging probs). But if this helps, I have included a screenshot of my layout with the indictors i currently use. I was told I could not talk about custom indicators on this forum so hopefully this is ok. I also included a system info screenshot of my computer specs as this is an old computer  and maybe that would help. Im happy to post the logs but not sure how to do that or which ones you need. My main question right now is whether the VPS service advertised here would increase my computing capacity to perform the calculations. I  do not use this account to trade only for indicator signals. My terminal does give me periodical messages that the indicators are too slow. I would rather not remove any of the indicators if at all possible but would be willing to reach out to programmers if they can help. Not sure if i can post to them on this board. Let me know what other info you need, but if you can give any clarity on the VPS, that would help. Thank you for your interest.

Based on these details (the screenshots), a VPS will not help. Your machine is more than capable.

The problem is the "insane" amount of indicators per chart, several of which seem inefficient.

Multiply that by the number of low time-frame charts, and it is no wonder MT4 is lagging.

Can you even properly trade with so many different and conflicting signals?

Scott Littlefield #:

Good. You still didn't provide the logs though. Please post the Experts and Journal logs, the files, not pictures.

Is the lagging/freezing "continuous" or only from time to time ? when it happens, is it on 1 chart or for all the platform ? Are all these indicators paid ones ? (I am asking, as if they are not paid ones I could try to reproduce the issue).

But obviously, as Fernando said, the issue seems the numbers of indicators overwhelming MT4 capabilities. Though, with only 3 charts, it could be that it's only one (or some) of these indicators which are the culprit.

Ok, I would rather not give up many of my indicators if at all possible. I have grown dependent on them. Is the next best solution to hire a programmer to try to make them more efficient or do you think there are just too many to deal with? The lagging and freezing is more continuous throughout the day, especially during high volatile times of the day such as the market open or news event times and it seems to be all the charts and the whole platform. I did not pay for any of the indicators but i have collected them throughout the years through sharing sites and trading colleagues and i do not know their original origins. I do suspect one of the systems which has several indicators is causing the bulk of the problem. If i post those indicators would you be able to determine that? When i get back to my computer i will post the logs and expert files. Tks again.

Scott Littlefield #:
Ok, I would rather not give up many of my indicators if at all possible. I have grown dependent on them. Is the next best solution to hire a programmer to try to make them more efficient or do you think there are just too many to deal with? The lagging and freezing is more continuous throughout the day, especially during high volatile times of the day such as the market open or news event times and it seems to be all the charts and the whole platform. I did not pay for any of the indicators but i have collected them throughout the years through sharing sites and trading colleagues and i do not know their original origins. I do suspect one of the systems which has several indicators is causing the bulk of the problem. If i post those indicators would you be able to determine that? When i get back to my computer i will post the logs and expert files. Tks again.

If you have the source code for all of those indicators, ideally it would be best to streamline all of them for better efficiency. It may even be possible to combine some of them to reduce duplicate calculations and improve efficiency even more.

The problem lies in selecting a freelance developer that actually can do that for you. Many of them will not really have the necessary skill and knowledge to be able to do that, but may still end up bidding to do the job anyway.

If you know of someone capable, then approach them directly for a personal job request.

If not, then when placing the job request, have a long talk with each one, and make sure the developer you choose is actually capable, but be prepared to pay a higher price.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you have the source code for all of those indicators, ideally it would be best to streamline all of them for better efficiency. It may even be possible to combine some of them to reduce duplicate calculations and improve efficiency even more.

The problem lies in selecting a freelance developer that actually can do that for you. Many of them will not really have the necessary skill and knowledge to be able to do that, but may still end up bidding to do the job anyway.

If you know of someone capable, then approach them directly for a personal job request.

If not, then when placing the job request, have a long talk with each one, and make sure the developer you choose is actually capable, but be prepared to pay a higher price.

Ok will do. Thank you, IF this helps attached are my expert and log files. I hope i did it right. It wouldnt let me copy the whole expert folder so i just included the contents. there were only 5 files in there. I copied both log folders if this is right. Thanks again to everybody here.

Attached executable files, and duplicates removed by moderator.
Files:

Scott Littlefield #:

I copied both log folders if this is right. 

There is only 1 folder and it's not the right one. It needs to be at least one log file from Experts tab, when the lagging/freezing happened.

Reason: