ADX code

The ADX coded in metaquotes is different then most other trading softwares... The ADX value is always much higher giving false signals about the trend...
Does anybody could tell me where the problem comes from, and provide me wth instruction on modifying the indicators ...

Thank you

I doubt anyone knows precisely what the issue is, or how to fix it. (but I could be wrong).

you might want to just find the orignal formula for ADX and code it up yourself. There is a lot to say for only trading with your own code. :|

It seems that MT4 ADX is calculated as an exponential moving average of DX whereas the original formula deals with a Wilder average. Does anyone know how to calculate it ?

Wilder Moving Average = WMA(i) = (close(i) + (n-1) x WMA(i-1))/n

Sbdy to program it ?

wow, way to go digging up an old post and finding the answer. sweet.

This is the default code that I already have. I may be wrong but it doesn't respect Wilder's formula (see my previous posts)

Hi guys,

On metastock software they use ADX wilder but this is different than the ADX on metatrader 4. Can anyone explain me where the difference is in the formula and does anyone have the full code of the ADX, also codes of the +DI and -DI? 

@Loicverbinnen #: On metastock software they use ADX wilder but this is different than the ADX on metatrader 4. Can anyone explain me where the difference is in the formula and does anyone have the full code of the ADX, also codes of the +DI and -DI? 

Both are available on MetaTrader 5:

Fernando Carreiro #:

Both are available on MetaTrader 5:

Yes, I have seen this but on the Average Directional Movement Index there is no code for the +DI and -DI. Where can I find this code? metatsock is asking me to find where the difference is but I am not an expert in coding...

@Loicverbinnen #: Yes, I have seen this but on the Average Directional Movement Index there is no code for the +DI and -DI. Where can I find this code?

You asked for an explanation of the difference between their calculations. That is what I provided, links to tell you how they are calculated.

You did not request code for them. They are built-in Indicators, not custom indicators.

If you want alternative custom indicators for them, then search the CodeBase ...

Code Base

Average Directional Movement Index (ADX)

MetaQuotes, 2010.01.06 17:21

The Average Directional Movement Index Indicator (ADX) helps to determine if there is a price trend.

Code Base

Average Directional Movement Index Wilder

MetaQuotes, 2010.01.08 12:02

The Average Directional Movement Index by Wilder (ADX Wilder) helps to determine the presence of the price trend.

Loicverbinnen #: metatsock is asking me to find where the difference is but I am not an expert in coding...

This website is for MetaTrader. We cannot help you with MetaStock. You will have to do your own research about that.

Reason: