IDE tips, Autocomplete

Hi

When I type a word I see that the complete auto proposes the function with all its parameters : 

int BBands = iBands()

I'd really like to write it out completely, and not just the beginning as in this code, but rather as in the photo I've inserted below,

How to do that, or maybe some goods links with tips for MT5 IDE ?

Best  Reguards,
ZeroCafeine.

Files:
bandsss.PNG  6 kb

Unnecessary, just keep typing.

1. You type “iBa”, the popup shows iBands, press enter. The function completes with the cursor is in the parentheses.
  2. The popup highlights symbol next. Type “_S”, press enter. First argument is complete.
  3. Press comma, the popup shows the next argument is the period. Type “_P”, enter, second argument is complete.
  4. Press comma, you are ready for the next argument.

ZeroCafeine: When I type a word I see that the complete auto proposes the function with all its parameters : I'd really like to write it out completely, and not just the beginning as in this code, but rather as in the photo I've inserted below, How to do that, or maybe some goods links with tips for MT5 IDE ?

While typing, if necessary, select from the drop-down list with Up/Down, then hit the TAB key and it will autocomplete the function (without parameters).

When declaring an event handler, hit the TAB key a second time to autocomplete the full declaration with parameters.

The rest has already been answered in William's previous post.

ZeroCafeine:

Hi

When I type a word I see that the complete auto proposes the function with all its parameters : 

I'd really like to write it out completely, and not just the beginning as in this code, but rather as in the photo I've inserted below,

How to do that, or maybe some goods links with tips for MT5 IDE ?

Best  Reguards,
ZeroCafeine.

Not possible currently.

Alain Verleyen #:
Not possible currently.
ME5 -> Tools -> Options -> "Auto list names"

Remove the check, then it's off.

Edit:

It's not possible to make it match on complete function name.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
ME5 -> Tools -> Options -> "Auto list names"

Remove the check, then it's off.

Edit:

It's not possible to make it match on complete function name.

?

The user is asking to have all inserted including the parameters.

one more tip, if the tips box(popup windows) disappeared, delete the left ( and type again,it will show up again.

Alain Verleyen #:

?

The user is asking to have all inserted including the parameters.

Looks like, I misunderstood then.

William Roeder #:

Unnecessary, just keep typing.

1. You type “iBa”, the popup shows iBands, press enter. The function completes with the cursor is in the parentheses.
  2. The popup highlights symbol next. Type “_S”, press enter. First argument is complete.
  3. Press comma, the popup shows the next argument is the period. Type “_P”, enter, second argument is complete.
  4. Press comma, you are ready for the next argument.

tks you, I already use this tips 😊

Fernando Carreiro #:

When declaring an event handler, hit the TAB key a second time to autocomplete the full declaration with parameters.

tks you for tab button, Could you send me a screenshot to make sure I've understood?

Alain Verleyen #:
Not possible currently.

I think you undertood me, I need exactely like the photo I add below, So I have to go to the documention by selecting the function and press F1 ?, Is there a shortcut or trick to get the documentation directly on the browser instead of on the software page ?  

Guo Zheng Feng #:
one more tip, if the tips box(popup windows) disappeared, delete the left ( and type again,it will show up again.

tks you, I know this too 🙂

I'm using Visual Studio now, it's perfect for me 😊
Reason: