MT5 Why Backtest Showing 0% History Quality In Strategy Tester?

I created a custom synthetic symbol for NAS100 and did an optimization. after the optimization was completed, i ran a single test for a parameter and then checked the backtest results and the first thing i see is History Quality 0%. I am using Every tick based on real ticks model and the single test result has a profitable equity curve using real ticks. I tested it with Every tick, Open prices only and 1 minute OHLC model and those 3 models show 100% history quality and all 3 have profitable equity curves as well. I've searched on google but can't seem to find an answer for my question.

So with that being said. My question is, why is it showing 0% history quality when i run a single parameter backtest using real ticks on a custom symbol? Did i somewhere down the line of creating the custom symbol, create it incorrectly? Orr...

Did you create your custom symbol with both OHLC and tick data or only OHLC?

If your custom symbol was not created with tick data, then obviously it will not be possible to test with real tick data and the quality will be 0%.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If your custom symbol was not created with tick data, then obviously it will not be possible to test with real tick data and the quality will be 0%.

This was my first time creating custom symbols i tried following steps in youtube videos and from google searches. Here's the steps i took to create the synthetic custom symbol:

I opened symbols, clicked create symbol, in the 'copy from' box i selected NAS100, i renamed the symbol "NAS100.custom", then in 'Synthetic instrument formula' under the symbol name i typed "NAS100".

I'm assuming that's incorrect? I was trying to search for the right synthetic formula for nas100 on google but i couldnt find anything. The only things that popped up in the search results on google was the synthetic formula for DXY.

My goal was to create the custom symbol for optimizing and backtesting utilizing my brokers tick history data. I watched darwinex on youtube about custom symbols and decided i need calculated custom symbol not imported custom symbols. How do you create the custom symbol with ohlc and tick data? 

Fernando Carreiro #:

Also, thank you for your reply 
Reason: