Error (146) Trade Context Busy, What does that mean? - page 2

Slawa,

Are you saying that I cannot attach EA1 and EA2 on two different charts? I'm sure I have done this.

1. What is then your recommendation if I have the same Expert Advisor that I want to attach to two currency charts? say, one for USDCHF and another for GBPJPY; or something like that?

2. Or if I want to attach two Expert Advisors to two charts representing the same currency, i.e. EA1 for 1hourly chart of AUDUSD, and EA2 for 4hourly chart of AUDUSD (the same currency different timescale).

Thanks

cannot trade simultaneously. there is only one trade context for trade operations called from all experts. this problem was discussed on our forum. use IsTradeAllowed function. or use semaphores on global variables

So,

what strategy do people use when they want to use ONE Expert Advisor on multiple currencies? In other words, if I have ONE Expert Advisor that I want to attach to multiple charts?

I am getting confused here. If we could only trade using one and only one EA one one chart, and nothing-else; then what is the use of using MagicNumber when ordering? I thought MagicNumber is used to differentiate one type of strategy from another (in different EAs). It seems quite contradicting.

Can anyone shed a bright light on this.

Hi,

I think what Slawa is saying is that you can run multiple experts simulataniously but only ONE expert can place an order at any one time - i.e. two experts cannot simulataniously place an order at the same time - one has to wait for the other to complete placing an order before another expert can place an order.
Reason: