Need help on strategy tester

hello and good day to all!

I have a problem concerning MT4 Strategy tester.

My EA works fine when Optimizing via Strategy tester (gives really good results in terms of profits and low drawdowns in a 2 year period) .

The problem is when I try to test a set of inputs separately it doesn't work at all (for example 2 or 3 into the back test and suddenly shuts down).

(There's no error so I don't have any clues)

Can anyone help me on this please?

Your issue seems complex. A few points that might help:

1. Look into the code of your EA, particularly the parts handling trade operations. There might be conditions not triggered during optimization but causing problems in individual tests.

2. Validate the input parameters for your individual tests. They should match those used during optimization. Discrepancies can yield varied outcomes.

3. Carry out a walk-forward optimization to verify if the performance of your EA holds up across different periods.

4. Remember, MT4 backtesting has limitations. Using tick data might provide more precise results.

5. Lastly, if the problem persists, consider consulting an experienced MT4 coder who can potentially detect deeper issues in your EA's programming.

Parsa_B: it doesn't work at all (for example 2 or 3 into the back test and suddenly shuts down).
  1. “Doesn't work” is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              When asking about code
              Be precise and informative about your problem

What does “suddenly shuts down” mean?

2. Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Please don't create topics randomly in any section. It has been moved to the section: MQL4 e MetaTrader 4
Reason: