Need advice to Connect to MT5 Marketplace

Hi all,

I'm having weird problem with Metatrader 5 application in Windows 2022 Server. Here's the situation:

Installed MT4 program and MT5 program successfully in the same VPS server, OS is Windows Server 2022 Data Center Edition. Brand New installation.

MT5 Program version 5.00 build 3733 16 May 2023

MT4 Program version 4.00 build 1380 24 Mar 2023

With MT4 Program, I can click on the bubble icon next to search icon and see MQL5 Community login prompt. I can fill in with MQL5 username and password and login successfully, go to marketplace and install the EA that I purchased before.

With MT5 Program, I don't see the bubble icon at all. There's nothing next to the search icon so I can't try to login to MQL5 this way. Then I go to Tools > Options > Community and enter the username and password there. I can not login in MT5 using the same username and password that works in MT4.

I see 4 error messages on the MT5 journal:

- Source Virtual Hosting, Message: failed to get list of virtual hosts [1001]

- Source Signal, Message: failed to get list of signals

- Source MQL5.community, Message: authorization failed

- Source: LiveUpdate, Message: not available

I read in previous forum posting, to delete all files under Metaquotes > Terminal > Community -- did that and re-load the MT5 Program, still the same problem.

Uninstall the MT5 program, and re-install multiple times, still the same problem. Even I install MT5 from different broker, but still the same problem for MT5 program.

Anybody know what the issue is and how to resolve this?

It doesn't look like the internet connection, firewall or my login crednetials because it works on the same VPS machine for MT4 but not for MT5.

Thanks in advance

I am unsure if this is the cause, but please note that MT5 build 3733 is a beta build. The latest official release build is 3661 — MetaTrader 5 Platform update build 3660: Improvements and fixes

If you don't want to be a beta tester, then don't connect to MetaQuotes demo servers. Only connect to accounts from reputable brokers.

I will also be moving this thread to the general section because it is not an MT4 question.

hk.trade:
With MT5 Program, I don't see the bubble icon at all. There's nothing next to the search icon so I can't try to login to MQL5 this way. Then I go to Tools > Options > Community and enter the username and password there. I can not login in MT5 using the same username and password that works in MT4.

Make sure that you are using your forum login to fill Community tab in Metatrader 5.
Because your forum login is hk.trade.usa (because the link to your profile is https://www.mql5.com/en/users/hk.trade.usa )

Besides, make sure that Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge was installed on this Windows 2022 Server.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I am unsure if this is the cause, but please note that MT5 build 3733 is a beta build. The latest official release build is 3661 — MetaTrader 5 Platform update build 3660: Improvements and fixes

If you don't want to be a beta tester, then don't connect to MetaQuotes demo servers. Only connect to accounts from reputable brokers.

I will also be moving this thread to the general section because it is not an MT4 question.

Thank you

Is there a way to revert back to release build 3661 with build 3733 is installed?

Sergey Golubev #:

Make sure that you are using your forum login to fill Community tab in Metatrader 5.
Because your forum login is hk.trade.usa (because the link to your profile is https://www.mql5.com/en/users/hk.trade.usa )

Besides, make sure that Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge was installed on this Windows 2022 Server.

Thanks Sergey

I did use username hk.trade.usa when try to login into Community.

Both MS Edge and Internet Explorer also installed on this Windows Server

hk.trade:
- Source Virtual Hosting, Message: failed to get list of virtual hosts [1001]
I found one thread with same issue with error 1001 (discussion thread):

I can not install EAs from market

And there is my summary post about this error 1001 -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2023.02.02 08:30

I found same issue reported on Russian forum (for external VPS and for computer).

• First case: the user installed too many Metatrader instances on VPS so the memory was not enough to run all of them in the same time.
  • Second case (the other user): something with his Windows - he installed many software/programs, and all of them are connected to the internet (decision: the computer/OS should be clean manually or by some specialized cleaning programs).
  • The 3rd user had this issue but it was fixed by itself after he restarted his computer many times.

One of reply (in Russian) about error 1001 and the reasons - post

So, it may be something with your VPS related to the software/programs you are using (too many Metatrader instances installed for example).
---------------

I can not help more as this 1001 is very specific (at least for me) ...

• www.mql5.com
Hello, I read the forums and tried every thing...

Sergey Golubev #:
I found one thread with same issue with error 1001 (discussion thread):

And there is my summary post about this error 1001 -

Thanks Sergey -- Definitely not because of too many Metatrader instance or too many programs. There are only total of 4 Metatrader instances installed and nothing else in this VPS

hk.trade #:
Thanks Sergey -- Definitely not because of too many Metatrader instance or too many programs. There are only total of 4 Metatrader instances installed and nothing else in this VPS

4 Metatrader instances may be "too many" for some VPS ...
You can try to remove (to close) 3 Metatrader instance, close MT5, restart VPS, and after that - open MT5 to check with MT5 only (without the other 3 Metatrader instances). 

Besides, some VPS peroviders were banned from the Market (with 403 error) ..

As to error 1001 so I replied about what I know and what I found about it on the forum
(because, personally - I did not have this error 1001; I had error 403 for example).

Reason: