BTCUSD spread in mt4 strategy tester not working

Hello,

So I am trying to test a strategy for BTC in my mt4. I have downloaded all the tick date to get a 99%modeling quality. And the EA is working as intended.

The only problem is that the spread is not being taken into account.

The spread for BTCUSD is 17$ or 1700 points in my broker.

Even If I put 1700 points in the spread option in the strategy tester, or I choose current ( which should be 1700 )- The EA trades as if there is no or minimal spread as you can see from the image of the trades.

The result is showing the trading happens with like no spread.

So any solutions or suggestions to to fix this problem? - It only happens on BTC- all other forex currencies are good
Files:
res.JPG  50 kb

Adel Basher: So I am trying to test a strategy for BTC in my mt4. I have downloaded all the tick date to get a 99%modeling quality. And the EA is working as intended. The only problem is that the spread is not being taken into account. The spread for BTCUSD is 17$ or 1700 points in my broker. Even If I put 1700 points in the spread option in the strategy tester, or I choose current ( which should be 1700 )- The EA trades as if there is no or minimal spread as you can see from the image of the trades. The result is showing the trading happens with like no spread.So any solutions or suggestions to to fix this problem? - It only happens on BTC- all other forex currencies are good

If you are using a 3rd party tool, like TDS, then the spread may be coming from the tick data generated on the fly by that TDS application and not from Strategy Tester settings settings.

However, discussing such 3rd party tools here on the forum is not allowed. You will have to discuss the issue on the 3rd party forum.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you are using a 3rd party tool, like TDS, then the spread may be coming from the tick data generated on the fly by that TDS application and not from Strategy Tester settings settings.

However, discussing such 3rd party tools here on the forum is not allowed. You will have to discuss the issue on the 3rd party forum.

Thanks for the answer Fernando. I had already checked on that and made sure the downloaded tick data had the correct spread settings.

Any other suggestions or ideas on what causes this issue?

Thanks again. 

Adel Basher #: Thanks for the answer Fernando. I had already checked on that and made sure the downloaded tick data had the correct spread settings. Any other suggestions or ideas on what causes this issue? Thanks again. 

Run the test with a lower spread (e.g. 20 points) and see if it runs correctly for that value. There may be an internal limit in MT4 for the maximum spread field.

If it runs correctly with 20 points, then start increasing the spread to see at which point the limit is reached.

If however, it fails even at 20 points, then the 3rd party tool is definitely interfering with the process and you will have to ask the question at the 3rd party forum instead.

Also, if you have the source code for the EA and you know how to code, then have it print out to the log, the spread in points that it is encountering, so as to debug the issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Run the test with a lower spread (e.g. 20 points) and see if it runs correctly for that value. There may be an internal limit in MT4 for the maximum spread field.

If it runs correctly with 20 points, then start increasing the spread to see at which point the limit is reached.

If however, it fails even at 20 points, then the 3rd party tool is definitely interfering with the process and you will have to ask the question at the 3rd party forum instead.

Also, if you have the source code for the EA and you know how to code, then have it print out to the log, the spread in points that it is encountering, so as to debug the issue.

That was a great idea. I added a code to show the spread and I found something weird.

Seems that my strategy tester spread is locked at 18 points for all pairs and everything else. It does not matter If I changed the settings. It will always be 18.

To make sure that it's not my tick data problem, I simply used in stored mt4 tick data for some pairs that I did not download the tick data for from a third party, and it's still stuck at 18 points no matter the setting.

Is my mt4 busted? - I could really find something similar searching online

Adel Basher #: Is my mt4 busted? - I could really find something similar searching online

Unknown! Try a different trading account or install a second terminal and see what happens with a clean installation.

Reason: