The function ICustom()

Hello!

I am trying to understand the function ICustom().

The definition I have from MQL4 is that this function ICustom() calculates the specified custom indicator and returns its value. 

Among the parameters, there is a type string parameter "name" indicating the path/name of the custom indicator such as in the following code:

double iCustom(string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

I have an example of an indicator on MetaEditor. The indicatorFileName (wich should be the path) is represented by the function: WindowExpertName(). This function returns the name of the executed Expert Advisor, script, custom indicator. Unfortnately I CAN NOT find this name.

When one uses the ICustom() function, should one unterstands that there is a separated function used in the implementation of the current indicator?

If yes, how to get to this function?

Many thanks in advance.

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 Indicators section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
    Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. WindowExpertName returns the name of the running code. Nothing to do with iCustom.

3. ICustom reads a buffer element from an indicator. Nothing to do with the running code.
              iAlligator signal gone wrong - MQL4 programming forum #4.2 (2017)
              take candle color hekin ashi - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 #8-10 or #1 (2018)
  4. Unless your “current indicator” is reading another indicator, iCustom is irrelevant; write your indicator.

5. You don't “get to any function.”

Reason: