Maximum number of orders per account...

Hi Metaquotes,

I was wondering if there are any limits as to the number of orders each account can have open at any one time? I'm wanting to run an expert that may have thousands of small orders open at once - would this be a problem?

Get a $5,000,000 demo account (the max) and runs your tests with 0.1 lot sizes.

- Vooch

I'm wanting to run an expert that may have thousands of small orders open at once

Wow, your broker is just gonna love you :) You might even win their prestigous 'King of the Spread' award.

Martin

Thanks guys - goin for that "King of Spread" award.

But all joking aside - Hi Metaquotes - are there any limits on numbers of orders per account?

limit is your money only

Hi Slawa. Thanks for you response.

I'm curious however about what MetaQuotes said in this forum about shutting down all accounts that are using large numbers of orders etc (see thread 648). Is there actually something that will be built into the MetaQuotes server software to limit the amount of orders and the amount of time between orders?

And for the "real" traders out there - how many of you use some form of grid system? I've got several variations that seem to be quite promising while being quite low risk and was wondering if anyone else is successfully using some form of grid system without running undue risk? If so, does your current broker limit you in any way as to the number of orders you have open at any one time, and/or specify a minimum time between placing orders etc?

Thanks in advances for any responses guys!

Hi Coen,

Yes, I do real grid trading and there are lots out there who have as many, well, many more variations than there are traders!

I have no limitations on the number of orders, order size (yes, i can place an order for 1 eur/usd ) or duration.

Can u let us know how u limit the risk in the grid system? This is the key to success!

Regards,

hugues

Hi Hdb,

Are you the guy that has also been posting on the OANDA site with regards to grid systems?

Coen,

Yes, I am huguesdb in Oanda..
Reason: