Current Build Trendline Issue - Custom Time Periods - MT4 Final Release Date

Latest build of MT4 - 172 - has a trendline issue. Trendlines drawn on the 1 hour chart do not appear on any other time frames. Please fix this.

Metatrader needs the capacity to select custom time periods. This feature is available in ESignal, Aspen Graphics, TradeStation, etc. Although that may not be possible for MT with current programming, it seems bizarre that MT lacks a 10 minute period and a 2 hour period. Surely the 10 minute and 2 hour time periods can be added with a minimum of additional programming.

It's been great developing for this platform but since there is no final release there are no brokers that can offer the platform. Do we develop for MT3, an older version that you want to replace but that is offered by brokers, or do we develop for MT4, a nicer platform that you wish to promote, but that is currently unavailable as a tradeable platform? It would be nice to see an announcement about the current timeline for MT4 1.0 final release.

Thanks.

Latest build of MT4 - 172 - has a trendline issue. Trendlines drawn on the 1 hour chart do not appear on any other time frames. Please fix this.

Yikes, I had a look at this one pretty quickly as I use trendlines drawn on the hour chart but visible on lower charts for triggers. And you are right. I discovered that if you went into the trendlines properties and clicked on 'OK', the trendline magically reappears on that timescale and then on no others - annoying. Not sure what the MetaQuotes guys have done but a fix is needed very quick !!!!

It's been great developing for this platform but since there is no final release there are no brokers that can offer the platform. Do we develop for MT3, an older version that you want to replace but that is offered by brokers, or do we develop for MT4, a nicer platform that you wish to promote, but that is currently unavailable as a tradeable platform? It would be nice to see an announcement about the current timeline for MT4 1.0 final release.

Thanks.

Totally agree here as well. MT4 has been in beta for around 6 or so months now. There should be some word on timelines for release so Metatrader users are kept in the loop.

Cheers
Martin

This trendline problem is critical for me, since it's the only analysis tech I use...
So is there anyway to prevent Auto Live Update from poping up ?

I had to write DLL's to compensate for the lack of 2hr and 10min time frames. These two time frames are critical to my trading system. Granted I could have used the script to take the 5min and 1hr time frames to give me the 10min and 2hr time frames, but the script chews processor time. Modifying the script to put it to sleep for five seconds helped with the processing time and lowered the temp of my CPU. To be honest the script, at least to me, is a great temporary solution, but by no means long term. In spite of having the ability to write DLL's I am a trader. The more time I invest in development the less time I spend trading. Simple equation.

I'm not ready to give up on MT4 just yet, but it would be nice to know a release date or even a ball-park month. The status of the client-side MT4 API is another piece of information I am interested in and have been for some time now.

trendlines drawing fixed. wait for next build.

trendlines drawing fixed. wait for next build.

Slawa,

Thanks for your fast reply and corrections. Please send the built 173 soon to fix the problem.

You are the best !!!!

Bye

William

I can now see the problwm with horizontal line has already been fixed, but the problem is still exist with the rectangle and triangle shape tools. The do not propagate from one timeframe to another. I now have to use the build 169 becouse it is the latest installer I have that do not have the proble. Those shape drawing tools are my main tools and the main reason why I like this MT4 very much. Please look in to it.
Thank you in advance.

next build coming soon. in half hour time

Can you please put one previous version on your web site to avoid issues like this? This will help out if we have to fall back.

Thanks
Des

Thank you for the quick action, now I have my favorite tools fixed and working well on the build 173. You guys at the metaquotes are amazing !
Reason: