Grid maker 1.1 - page 2

I am doing an analysis of grid behaviour using excel and VB and am posting results here:

http://www2.oanda.com/cgi-bin/msgboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=004138

I dont think i could have used the back testing function of MT3 / MT4 but if I can, that will help me a lot in the future.

regards,

A quick update on the grid performance:
Balance : 75k (+26k from open)
Used margin : 15k
Av. margin : 22k
Open p&l : - 37k
Max drawdown: -45k.. this is getting close to a margin call!

Net loss for grid since starting: -11k .. 2k better than last week... grids love chop

It was a rough week.. I turned off the expert for a while to cool off the drop in Equity,
doubled the TP to 12 ticks for some pairs (kept the grid at 6 though) and
put longs only or shorts only on certain pairs : longs only on EUR and GBP, shorts only on USD/CHF.. etc.

I cannot add money into the account and really started off the grid with too many currency pairs.
I should have 500k in the account to be able to handle 10 currency pairs with 0.1 lots.

have a nice weekend all....

An update on grid performance: a bad week overall as I had to switch off
the grids to let things cool down. Available margin went to 0 and I think i got pretty close to a margin call when
the euro went down to 1.2 again.

Anyway, I will leave it switched off this coming week when i am on vacation but it does show that u need lots of money
to trade these things and nerves of steel to survive.

Look why:

Balance : 83k ( +34k from open, +7k from last week)
Used Margin : 18k
Av. margin: 16k
Open p&l : -49k.

Net loss for grid since starting is -16k : -5k worse than last week.

When are we going to get some nice ranging, nice summer chop, so that this thing can make money?

All we need is 10 days of nice range contraction and my grid will be happy!

Good trading all!

can this gridscript auto update and automatic put in orders in the market. if yes how? :-)

Yes it can..

thats what an expert does.. it does all the dirty work for you place orders, take profit, setup limit orders..

Yes it can..

thats what an expert does.. it does all the dirty work for you place orders, take profit, setup limit orders..

hi thanks for the reply. grid 1.2 i have placed in scripts is that the correct place? And also in last update where there know says 0.0 what dos this do? if i put in 1.0

thanks again

Its an EXPERT so it need to be put in the expert folder not script..

you'll then find it under experts once MT has been restarted.. attach to chart set the parameters you want (defaults should be fine), enable to live trade and bingo your off and running...

not sure which setting your refering to but if tis the last one I have no idea.. never changed it and never had any problems..

hey again its working :-) in the experts folder great thing thanks for the help. :-)

Any in this forum there would discus the gridsystem via skype (chat) that would bee great (im not a programmer just to let you know)

Any in this forum there would discus the gridsystem via skype (chat) that would bee great (im not a programmer just to let you know)

ok to chat on skype.. contact me as hdb_ch.

regards,
hugues
Reason: