providing source file of market products

Hello everyone.

I have been asked to give the source file of market products several times so far.

Do you think delivering source file to few customers could harm me or have any disadvantage to me?

Yashar Seyyedin:

Hello everyone.

I have been asked to give the source file of market products several times so far.

Do you think delivering source file to few customers could harm me or have any disadvantage to me?

A serious seller will never do that unless a product has zero sales but even in that case the focus should be on improving and promoting the product. What if the code or free executable goes in the public domain? Who will buy your product then?

Navdeep Singh #:
A serious seller will never do that unless a product has zero sales but even in that case the focus should be on improving and promoting the product. What if the code or free executable goes in the public domain? Who will buy your product then?

You are right.

Yashar Seyyedin: I have been asked to give the source file of market products several times so far. Do you think delivering source file to few customers could harm me or have any disadvantage to me?

Depending on the interpretation, it may be against the Market rules to provide source code for the product ...

IV. Products

1. The Product offered through the Market service can be provided only as a compiled file with the EX5/EX4 extension.

Also if you sell the source , have a different version than the one on the market . I don't know if it helps with "protecting the protection mechanism" since it is essentially the same but just in case 

And if you do sell the source, make it a really high price to compensate for any loss in sales.

Fernando Carreiro #:
And if you do sell the source, make it a really high price to compensate for any loss in sales.

Thanks for your help.

Lorentzos Roussos #:
Also if you sell the source , have a different version than the one on the market . I don't know if it helps with "protecting the protection mechanism" since it is essentially the same but just in case 

I think the products with a unique design should not be provided with source code. But in many cases the idea behind a product is so simple and available that one can easily create it himself.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

I think the products with a unique design should not be provided with source code. But in many cases the idea behind a product is so simple and available that one can easily create it himself.

Although it looks simple to you the one who analyzed and explored it and is familiar with it, so if someone wants to skip the research phase you can help them by selling the code.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Although it looks simple to you the one who analyzed and explored it and is familiar with it, so if someone wants to skip the research phase you can help them by selling the code.

Yep.
Reason: