Sending Email in MT4

I can't use the Email Tab in Tools Panel with gmail account. Althought I tried many times, the Journal always gives me the message "Mail: login to smtp.gmail.com:465 failed". Please help me.

Gmail requires the use of TLS/SSL (encryption) and I don't think MT4 uses this method of sending email. I believe you will need a POP3 email account that doesn't require TLS/SSL to send mail. Most POP3 email accounts (from ISPs or Web hosting service) can do both and this usually isn't a problem.

If anyone has more information that would be great, because it is not written anywhere in the documentation.

RobinHood :

Gmail requires the use of TLS/SSL (encryption) and I don't think MT4 uses this method of sending email. I believe you will need a POP3 email account that doesn't require TLS/SSL to send mail. Most POP3 email accounts (from ISPs or Web hosting service) can do both and this usually isn't a problem.

If anyone has more information that would be great, because it is not written anywhere in the documentation.

I have been having the same issues, but I found a cheap and easy soloution!! Please understand, I am not getting paid anything for this, but the cost is $24 per YEAR, and you can have your broker send up to 1000 emails per month using this company's smtp server. Try them out: www.authsmtp.com I highly recommend it and it works awesome and is soooo easy to setup! I wish I had tried this before spending hours trying to setup email using a bunch of different settings. Be sure to restart your mt4 platform between setting changes, helped for me. You can use pretty much any webmail account like yahoo, gmail, and hotmail!! Woohoo! Finally!

Thuc :
I can't use the Email Tab in Tools Panel with gmail account. Althought I tried many times, the Journal always gives me the message "Mail: login to smtp.gmail.com:465 failed". Please help me.
RobinHood :

POP3 is irrelevant as its a mail receipt protocol.

This is about SMTP.

Apart from that, RobinHood is quite right.

MT4 supports both authenticated and unauthenticated SMTP, but does not support SSL. 

Reason: