Strategy Tester: Every Ticks vs Every ticks based on real ticks. what is the difference ?

I have an EA which runs ok when run in strategy tester with setting modelling = 'Every Ticks".

But the same EA does not perform better when  run in strategy tester with setting modelling = 'Every Ticks based on real ticks".

I like to know 2 things.

1) What is the actual difference between those 2 modelling inputs.

2) If i have to achieve the same result as in "Every ticks" mode, what i have to do in my code or strategy ?

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Balachandran Chandrasekar:

I have an EA which runs ok when run in strategy tester with setting modelling = 'Every Ticks".

But the same EA does not perform better when  run in strategy tester with setting modelling = 'Every Ticks based on real ticks".

I like to know 2 things.

1) What is the actual difference between those 2 modelling inputs.

2) If i have to achieve the same result as in "Every ticks" mode, what i have to do in my code or strategy ?

I think... It is mostly about slippage. In case you do not use fixed SL and TP in your code the result is pretty much similar.

Testing trading strategies on real ticks - the article

The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC" using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in "Every tick" mode, as well as the most accurate "Every tick based on real ticks" mode applying actual historical data.
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC", "Every tick" and "Every tick based on real ticks" using actual historical data.
Reason: