How to close the deal ?

Hello Freelancers,

I want to know that, I was banned on freelance few days back for sharing a mql5 link, 

1. Is that against the rules ?
  2. If yes, what If a customer needs a product which we already have in our seller profile, then how can we close that deal and land the customer to product page without violating the rules?
  3. What forms of files can be shared in freelance chat ?
  4. How the MQL5 tracking system works in such cases?

Manpreet Singh:

Hello Freelancers,

I want to know that, I was banned on freelance few days back for sharing a mql5 link, 

1. Is that against the rules ?
  2. If yes, what If a customer needs a product which we already have in our seller profile, then how can we close that deal and land the customer to product page without violating the rules?
  3. What forms of files can be shared in freelance chat ?
  4. How the MQL5 tracking system works in such cases?

I have the same problem with customers who order what I already have in market. Happy to hear you asking this. I hope the support team does something about it.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

I have the same problem with customers who order what I already have in market. Happy to hear you asking this. I hope the support team does something about it.

But no body replied yet :)

Here are the rules:

Fulfilling Orders outside of the Freelance service

1. You can use the Freelance service only for its intended purpose - carrying out all necessary works and making payments for published Orders. Searching for customers and developers in the Freelance service in order to perform a work outside of the service is forbidden.
  2. Customers and Applicants cannot exchange contact data in any form before concluding a Work Agreement. Violators are banned from participating in the Freelance.
  3. Carrying out works and payments for Freelance Orders outside of the service is forbidden. Violators lose access to all MQL5.com website services.
  4. The Administration has the right to ban violators from participating in the Freelance service without any explanation after an internal investigation.

Maybe this sentence is the cause: Searching for customers and developers in the Freelance service in order to perform a work outside of the service is forbidden.

But nevertheless I can't imagine that a personal message can be forbidden. So - I think - you could inform someone about your existing products through a personal message.

Rules of Using the Freelance Service
Rules of Using the Freelance Service
  • www.mql5.com
Rules of Using the Freelance Service: general provisions, execution of orders, payments,

Benjamin Fotteler #:

Here are the rules:

Fulfilling Orders outside of the Freelance service

1. You can use the Freelance service only for its intended purpose - carrying out all necessary works and making payments for published Orders. Searching for customers and developers in the Freelance service in order to perform a work outside of the service is forbidden.
  2. Customers and Applicants cannot exchange contact data in any form before concluding a Work Agreement. Violators are banned from participating in the Freelance.
  3. Carrying out works and payments for Freelance Orders outside of the service is forbidden. Violators lose access to all MQL5.com website services.
  4. The Administration has the right to ban violators from participating in the Freelance service without any explanation after an internal investigation.

Maybe this sentence is the cause: Searching for customers and developers in the Freelance service in order to perform a work outside of the service is forbidden.

But nevertheless I can't imagine that a personal message can be forbidden. So - I think - you could inform someone about your existing products through a personal message.

I appreciate your reply, But how can a person send a personal message without knowing that person ? I just asking for a way to show our existing work parallely following freelance rules.

Benjamin Fotteler #:

Communication outside of the Freelance application is forbidden.

I assume you mean for these cases where the client wants a ready made solution.

You can give them a custom demo with an expiration , just compile it through the cloud compiler , but you will have to go through the boring task of removing any hints about your id from the demo. Has to happen . Including any screenshots . Present as visually as possible where possible though , even with gifs but mind the size of the files.

Ask them if they want to publish this on the mql5 market , most times the answer is no .  (now if they want to and you also have it on the market -and they want the exact same thing - that is a nono )

The only link you can have in the about tab (the tabyss) or even on the screen is the project and discussion id (so if they forget they come back to the project) .Make it clear on the screen

that this demo will expire , you can even make it red.

If they are looking for a profitable system you can give them an investor password if you have a signal -

• (assuming more than one inverstor logins can occur if the account is registered as a signal)
  • (assuming they cannot see your name in the account via the investor password)

Lorentzos Roussos #:

I assume you mean for these cases where the client wants a ready made solution.

You can give them a custom demo with an expiration , just compile it through the cloud compiler , but you will have to go through the boring task of removing any hints about your id from the demo. Has to happen . Including any screenshots . Present as visually as possible where possible though , even with gifs but mind the size of the files.

Ask them if they want to publish this on the mql5 market , most times the answer is no .  (now if they want to and you also have it on the market -and they want the exact same thing - that is a nono )

The only link you can have in the about tab (the tabyss) or even on the screen is the project and discussion id (so if they forget they come back to the project) .Make it clear on the screen

that this demo will expire , you can even make it red.

If they are looking for a profitable system you can give them an investor password if you have a signal -

• (assuming more than one inverstor logins can occur if the account is registered as a signal)
  • (assuming they cannot see your name in the account via the investor password)

Thank you, This information is much helpful