How do you identify a trend

Can we all gather here as coders and traders to discuss how we identify trends in the trading space. Can we share how you identify trends as almost anything i have tested lags

Amos Tsopotsa: Can we all gather here as coders and traders to discuss how we identify trends in the trading space. Can we share how you identify trends as almost anything i have tested lags

There are hundreds of books, videos, articles, etc. all dedicated to describing what a trend is and the various ways of identifying is. Do we really need more?

And yes, it will ALWAYS lag, because you can only identify a trend AFTER its formed. It may continue to trend or it may break-down, but only after it has formed.

Articles

Several Ways of Finding a Trend in MQL5

Dmitriy Skub, 2010.09.10 16:59

Any trader would give a lot for opportunity to accurately detect a trend at any given time. Perhaps, this is the Holy Grail that everyone is looking for. In this article we will consider several ways to detect a trend. To be more precise - how to program several classical ways to detect a trend by means of MQL5.

Amos Tsopotsa:
Can we all gather here as coders and traders to discuss how we identify trends in the trading space. Can we share how you identify trends as almost anything i have tested lags

hmm . 

Let's make it more interesting .

If the ZigZag could speak how would it define a trend ?

If the Rsi could speak how would it define a trend ? 

with two Lines from a beginning Candle. pending Stop´s D1 and let the Chart Choice Run

Niklas Templin #:
with two Lines from a beginning Candle. pending Stop´s D1

Awesome

Lorentzos Roussos #: Awesome

😂

My stand point is very simple how do you identify a trend I have observed the difficulty most coders have when it come to creating trading systems around this issue if you can identify a trend then you should be able to identify a ranging market otherwise all trading systems that have been created would be so much profitable let’s discuss the practical application of this,you won’t b taken seriously as a trader if you use lagging indicators this is my on thought process 

I have taken into consideration the use of digital filters that were available  in mt4 but I struggle to do the same on mt5 infact my code is now redundant 

Amos Tsopotsa #:
My stand point is very simple how do you identify a trend I have observed the difficulty most coders have when it come to creating trading systems around this issue if you can identify a trend then you should be able to identify a ranging market otherwise all trading systems that have been created would be so much profitable let’s discuss the practical application of this,you won’t b taken seriously as a trader if you use lagging indicators this is my on thought process 
You are missing the point. "Lagging" is actually good. It's what identifies when conditions have changed. When the "now" is different from "before", that is what signals an opportunity to trade.

Amos Tsopotsa #:

There's great divergence in the though process of a coder who is tasked to develop a technical identification system and an analyst ,that is very true .

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Awesome

what lines are these care to explain more

Reason: