How to determine Tester Agent PR score locally?

Hello all,

Is there a way to determine the PR score of a testing agent locally?

I would like to benchmark some different hardware configurations in order to know which one performs best, but relying in the PR score from the Web interface is terrible. It takes days to be updated and sometimes display unreliable results.  (Ie. some of my current agents score moved from 245 to 157 without any HW changes).

TIA,

Emerson

Emerson Gomes: Is there a way to determine the PR score of a testing agent locally? I would like to benchmark some different hardware configurations in order to know which one performs best, but relying in the PR score from the Web interface is terrible. It takes days to be updated and sometimes display unreliable results.  (Ie. some of my current agents score moved from 245 to 157 without any HW changes).

Days to update? It has always taken a few seconds every time I've done it.

Also, if you start using your computer for other activities, then the PR will drop. During disk defragmentation, backups, Windows Indexing, OneDrive synchronisations, or other background operations, the PR will drop too.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Days to update? It has always taken a few seconds every time I've done it.

Also, if you start using your computer for other activities, then the PR will drop. During disk defragmentation, backups, Windows Indexing, OneDrive synchronisations, or other background operations, the PR will drop too.

I forgot to mention that these are dedicated machines which only run the testing agent. 

Emerson Gomes #: I forgot to mention that these are dedicated machines which only run the testing agent. 

Even dedicated machines may have background activity start up automatically due to normal default Windows setup.

Take some time to see what scheduled activities or automated services may be already setup, and disable all those activities that you don't want to have run.

Also put up the Task Manager and monitor the performance graphs during idle times and what tasks may be eating up CPU, RAM or disk usage.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Even dedicated machines may have background activity start up automatically due to normal default Windows setup.

Take some time to see what scheduled activities or automated services may be already setup, and disable all those activities that you don't want to have run.

Also put up the Task Manager and monitor the performance graphs during idle times and what tasks may be eating up CPU, RAM or disk usage.

Yes, I do monitor machine resources with Zabbix. I am sure that there are no background tasks that would justify a 100 point drop the PR score, specially when it was weeks showing 245 and it has been at least a week with unchanged 157 score.

Still, if I run backtests in this specific machine, it does perform much better than other machines which are currently scoring 190-200, as expected. (in this case it's a Ryzen 7900X with DDR5 memory)

So my only conclusion is that the PR score is not always refreshed in the web interface. Unfortunately I have found no refereces to the PR in the agent logfiles as well.

As matter of fact, I had some agents running and executing mql5 tasks for days without even showing up in the UI (I double checked that the username was correct in the agent log), so that reinforces the idea that the info on webinterface is not accurate.

Emerson Gomes #:Yes, I do monitor machine resources with Zabbix. I am sure that there are no background tasks that would justify a 100 point drop the PR score, specially when it was weeks showing 245 and it has been at least a week with unchanged 157 score. Still, if I run backtests in this specific machine, it does perform much better than other machines which are currently scoring 190-200, as expected. (in this case it's a Ryzen 7900X with DDR5 memory). So my only conclusion is that the PR score is not always refreshed in the web interface. Unfortunately I have found no refereces to the PR in the agent logfiles as well. As matter of fact, I had some agents running and executing mql5 tasks for days without even showing up in the UI (I double checked that the username was correct in the agent log), so that reinforces the idea that the info on webinterface is not accurate.
I have not had that experience so I can offer no further advice then.

Fernando Carreiro #:
I have not had that experience so I can offer no further advice then.

Thank you anyway. I wonder if the MQL5 devs ever are in this forum or if there's a better way to contact them.

Emerson Gomes #: Thank you anyway. I wonder if the MQL5 devs ever are in this forum or if there's a better way to contact them.

Admin rarely respond to forum topics. It is rather a surprise when they do.

Service desk also only respond to financial issues mostly.

I would say that 99% of the time, issues are handled by the users (which includes the moderators).

Reason: