How do I install MT4?

I already have it, but I need it in a new machine.

I went to this page and downloaded the file that is clearly identified as MetaTrader 4 for Desktop, Windows.

I received a file named mt4setup.exe. I already had mt5setup.exe stored in the first machine, the same one I used to do the download, and they are different sizes so I was confident I had downloaded MT4.

So I ran it, and it went ahead and installed MT5!

So misleading! Why do they do that??!!!

Now, where do I get a reliable MT4 installer?
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
  • www.metatrader4.com
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC to receive the most powerful and convenient tool for technical analysis and trading in the markets. During the first launch, you will be prompted to open a free demo account allowing you to test all the features of the trading platform. MetaTrader 4 iPhone/iPad Millions of traders have already chosen MetaTrader 4...

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 300+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

whoowl: Now, where do I get a reliable MT4 installer?

Get MT4 from your broker. Don't download it from MetaQuotes.

MT4 however, has not been developed any further for over a decade now.

William Roeder #:

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:

MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

That is not an installer, it's the directory structure of a previous installation.

So I did the same with the installation I already had. I copied it all to the second machine, and it's working.

Thank you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Get MT4 from your broker. Don't download it from MetaQuotes.

MT4 however, has not been developed any further for over a decade now.

Yes, not developed for a long time, but it still is the best version, probably the more popular one by a large margin. A lot of people hate MT5 and have plenty of reason for that, and use MT4 even though Metatrades tries to hide it and impose MT5. Here we are discussing in the MT4 session, aren't we? It's still very popular, isn't it? Well.

Thank you for your input though.