EA code from an external source

Hi experts

I was wondering how one would run an EA from an external source such as a website. The idea is that if the code on the website changes then the EA also changes.

I just need some general info and ideas. Like mql5 commands or c++ commands or tools and resources I woulds need. The rest I will figure out on my own.

BTW I have about 3 months of self taught knowledge on mql5.

Thanks in advance

Louis Fourie: I was wondering how one would run an EA from an external source such as a website. The idea is that if the code on the website changes then the EA also changes. I just need some general info and ideas. Like mql5 commands or c++ commands or tools and resources I woulds need. The rest I will figure out on my own. BTW I have about 3 months of self taught knowledge on mql5.

You would always need to download the new EA and run it manually, given that the user will need to enable "Allow Trading" for it when it is placed on a chart.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You would always need to download the new EA and run it manually, given that the user will need to enable "Allow Trading" for it when it is placed on a chart.

So there is no way for the already enabled EA to run the code from another source?

Louis Fourie:

Hi experts

I was wondering how one would run an EA from an external source such as a website. The idea is that if the code on the website changes then the EA also changes.

I just need some general info and ideas. Like mql5 commands or c++ commands or tools and resources I woulds need. The rest I will figure out on my own.

BTW I have about 3 months of self taught knowledge on mql5.

Thanks in advance

I have done something similar before. A strategy written with PHP was used to activate an EA on mt4, closing and opening signal comes from the website and sent to the EA on mt4. All this was done using interneRequest DLL.

Louis Fourie #:
So there is no way for the already enabled EA to run the code from another source?

No. Mql5 has no Eval() like Javascript or PHP. It is also a security risk to allow external code to be executed. The closest you will get is to process a external signal like Raphael above describes.

Raphael Adetunji Olaiyapo #:
I have done something similar before. A strategy written with PHP was used to activate an EA on mt4, closing and opening signal comes from the website and sent to the EA on mt4. All this was done using interneRequest DLL.
Not sure if this could work for me but I will look into it. Thanks Raphael 
Reason: