copy trades working on my demo and not working on my real account

i subscribed for a copy trade kleomartinmedium on my demo and it worked perfectly, but when i funded my account and decided to subscribe for the same copy trade signal with the same platform, liteforex, it refused to subscribe. it gave me the message below the mql5 password.

Files:
screenshot.png  65 kb

please help me out

From a real account you can only subscribe to signals that use real account. Same goes for demo... In your case, the signal providor is using demo account (free signals are demo accounts), so you can only subscribe with demo accounts.

Regards 

even when i tried to subscribe for real accounts, it still gives me that message

carlaik:
even when i tried to subscribe for real accounts, it still gives me that message
There's a difference in the properties of those symbols between your broker and his broker. It's a broker setting so you would need to contact them

I'm new to mql5.com, can some experienced user please help explain?

From the rules I understand that one can copy demo signals only to a demo account, and live signals only to my live account.

Question 1:  Is that true? 

I'm interrested in the signal <removed by moderator>.  That account is DEMO, but charges a $50 subscription fee.

Question 2.  What would be the point of paying for a signal that one can use only on their demo account?

Thanks for helping!

Edward

edward Opp:

I'm new to mql5.com, can some experienced user please help explain?

From the rules I understand that one can copy demo signals only to a demo account, and live signals only to my live account.

Question 1:  Is that true? 

I'm interrested in the signal <removed by moderator>.  That account is DEMO, but charges a $50 subscription fee.

Question 2.  What would be the point of paying for a signal that one can use only on their demo account?

Thanks for helping!

Edward

Q1: Yes that's true. There are still some old "paid" demo signals floating around from before the time the rules were changed (enforced) in late 2014. The one you linked to has been around for years and for some reason some of these were not picked up during the change over. Please report to the service desk. 

Q2: The only point in paying for a demo signal is to make the signal provider richer ;-) 

Stuart Browne:

Q1: Yes that's true. There are still some old "paid" demo signals floating around from before the time the rules were changed (enforced) in late 2014. The one you linked to has been around for years and for some reason some of these were not picked up during the change over. Please report to the service desk. 

There are several recent accounts labeled 

Broker: OctaFX-Demo

Attention! Account type mismatch

What happens in this case? I can unconsciously subscribe to the signal with a real account or MQL detects it is operating on a demo account and I can't subscribe to a demo signal with a real account because it is against the rules

Mirko Cerulli:

There are several recent accounts labeled 

Broker: OctaFX-Demo

What happens in this case? I can unconsciously subscribe to the signal with a real account or MQL detects it is operating on a demo account and I can't subscribe to a demo signal with a real account because it is against the rules

Not 100% certain sorry but I imagine you would probably be able to subscribe through the website but not through the terminal. Please report any of these you see to the Service Desk, it's the only way they will get cleaned up

Stuart Browne:
Not 100% certain sorry but I imagine you would probably be able to subscribe through the website but not through the terminal. Please report any of these you see to the Service Desk, it's the only way they will get cleaned up

Thank you, Stuart.

I will surely do it.

EDIT: I was wrong, the case is reversed. No change anything in substance (I belive).

Broker: OctaFX-Real

Mirko Cerulli:

Thank you, Stuart.

I will surely do it.

Very welcome. Thanks mate
Reason: