Get more use out of my agents?

How do I improve the odds of my agents being used if I am selling them?

if my computer was full bore, I would make 400-500 a month off of it, but I only make 10 bucks a month. 2-3% usage is low imo.

Tyler Dow: How do I improve the odds of my agents being used if I am selling them? if my computer was full bore, I would make 400-500 a month off of it, but I only make 10 bucks a month. 2-3% usage is low imo.

The only way is to have a higher Performance Ratio (PR). However, in my opinion, given the running costs and initial investment, you will never be able to make a decent profit of the MQL5 Cloud.

In fact, due to the ware on the machine, I would actually say that you will come out at a loss.

From what you can see below, with a PR of 142, I only made $4.14 in about a month.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hyper-V problems and minimum requirements for MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents!

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.02.18 03:41

Just an update - so far there has been no response from the Service Desk and the ticket remains open.

Below is a graph of the earnings so far, but a word of advice - keep your installation up to date, otherwise you will soon notice a decline in activity.

If you use the standard build-in agents of a normal MetaTrader 5 setup, then you will have the LiveUpdate but if you you use a separate installation of the “MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents” (which was my case), then you will have to manually keep it up to date.

Average PR (Performance Ratio) of 142, available 24/7:  Intel Core i7-4790T @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)

Tyler Dow:
How do I improve the odds of my agents being used if I am selling them?

if my computer was full bore, I would make 400-500 a month off of it, but I only make 10 bucks a month. 2-3% usage is low imo.

what are the features of your pc?

28846173 #:

what are the features of your pc?

12 core Amd Ryzen clocked at 4 ghz and 32 gbs of ram.
GPU is a vega 64

my PR rating is 149 per agent with 12 agents...

I rarely see the agents go to work though.

I have my selling schedule open 24/7

Is there really just not enough demand out there for even 25% usage?

PR rating chart

Tyler Dow #: 12 core Amd Ryzen clocked at 4 ghz and 32 gbs of ram. GPU is a vega 64. my PR rating is 149 per agent with 12 agents...I rarely see the agents go to work though. I have my selling schedule open 24/7. Is there really just not enough demand out there for even 25% usage?

Given that the average PR of good machines out there is higher than your PR, those machines will get priority over yours, on tasks to be carried out.

My own machine, which is 7 years old and had a PR 142 in 2017, now has a PR of 156 due to some minor changes I made.

So, a PR of 149 may not get many tasks when there are so many better machines with higher PR out there.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Given that the average PR of good machines out there is higher than your PR, those machines will get priority over yours, on tasks to be carried out.

My own machine, which is 7 years old and had a PR 142 in 2017, now has a PR of 156 due to some minor changes I made.

So, a PR of 149 may not get may tasks when there are so many better machines with higher PR out there.

Hmmmm..... Guess I can overclock a little see if I get more usage.  If that is the case, a CPU with better single core capability is better for MQl5 cloud network. IDK how far I can push my CPU though :/

Does having less  agents allow a single agent to take on more cores? Going to test this.

Tyler Dow #: Hmmmm..... Guess I can overclock a little see if I get more usage.  If that is the case, a CPU with better single core capability is better for MQl5 cloud network. IDK how far I can push my CPU though :/ Does having less  agents allow a single agent to take on more cores?

I improved my PR by improving SDD performance by having the TRIM function only run when I want to and not automatically. I also reduced the number of background services and tasks running.

I don't think that having less agents will make it use more cores on the remaining ones, but you can experiment and see.

Along those lines, I have a  Intel Xeon Gold 5218R @ 2.10GHz, 97924MB, build 4240 w/ two physical CPUs, 40 cores each (80 Cores total) and yet the PR score is only 149. then I also have  Intel Xeon W-1250 @ 3.30GHz, 32481MB, build 4240 with 6 cores and its scored at 203. The third system running is a  Intel Core i9-10920X @ 3.50GHz, 65242MB, build 4240 with 12 cores and its scored at 143.

It makes no sense to me how the most powerful setups have a much lower score.

There is just not enough demand on the MQL5 cloud to turn a profit after you account for computer and electricity costs. 

I9 14900k PR 258

I7 13700k PR 234

I5 12400 PR 175

I7 7700K PR 193

PR 151 here. i7-3770k 4 cores, 3.50ghz, OC'd to 4.0ghz. 32 GB Ram, 1.5TB Free on SSD.

Made $0.51 the past month. Standby all month, barely any usage.

Reason: