Need HELP. Agents for the CLOUD.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, currently providing a few agents for the cloud and I have near 0% experience or knowledge in the trading platform (not interested in trading for now). I'm trying to get a new PC in order to make more money providing more agents but i can't find info about what hardware is better for that.

So my questions are:

1. What's more efficient INTEL or AMD?

2.Is it better to have a CPU with more cores and lower base freq or vice-versa? ex. 8 cores (4.3 GHz) VS. 12 cores (4 GHz). So far i have noticed that an Agent(Core) with a higher PR (clock freq.) will be used more frequently.

Thanks in advance

nornal

You can read small summary thread about it - 

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Sergey Golubev:

You can read small summary thread about it - 

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Thanks, but so far i haven't found anything helpfull (to my questions) there , I'll keep looking.

arnoldodj13:

So my questions are:

1. What's more efficient INTEL or AMD?

2.Is it better to have a CPU with more cores and lower base freq or vice-versa? ex. 8 cores (4.3 GHz) VS. 12 cores (4 GHz). So far i have noticed that an Agent(Core) with a higher PR (clock freq.) will be used more frequently.

1. Intel CPUs are substantially more efficient when idle, by an approximate factor of 10.  A powerful Intel desktop CPU can idle down to ~3w, and depending on your motherboard and the absence of a dedicated video card, 10-50 watts at the wall idle for an Intel system.  Similar AMD CPUs tend to idle around ~30w, but they are more efficient under full load than Intel CPUs by an approximate factor of 2 (for reference, unless you're crypto mining with a CPU or constantly encoding video or running a server with constant loads, most CPUs spend more time idle than they do working).  AMD CPUs tend to lack integrated graphics; between this and the higher CPU idle draw, you're usually looking at 50-100w at the wall idle on an AMD system.

2. Base frequency is irrelevant, only used when thermal throttling as the speed the CPU immediately drops to in order to cool down.

Reason: