adding funds to a signal

new guy here 2nd month using this service

so lets say u have 200 into a signal

and has already been upgraded to 250 through a series of succesfull trades

will the signal start placing orders based on 250 equity or keep thinking u only have 200?

and if u add 200 more it will start placing 2x bigger orders or not?

do u have to restart the service? restart the terminal?

thanks

Keep in mind too little money means a high risk to be kicked out loosing your investment totally.

If you have less funds than the signal provider recommands the signals will be traded with the minimum volume (0.01?) of the symbol of the broker. So some additional funds may not change the volume.

Hereafter this calculation will define your volume: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example

General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals is a service allowing traders to copy trading operations of a Signals Provider. Our goal was to develop the new massively used service protecting Subscribers and relieving them of unnecessary costs.

Carl Schreiber #:

Keep in mind too little money means a high risk to be kicked out loosing your investment totally.

If you have less funds than the signal provider recommands the signals will be traded with the minimum volume (0.01?) of the symbol of the broker. So some additional funds may not change the volume.

Hereafter this calculation will define your volume: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example

thanks for the answer but that doesnt answer my question

lets say a signal suggests 2000$ to work properly and u have 2000$

what happens if the profits reach 3000$ 

will the signal keep investing like u got 2000 or adapt?

also what happens if u add an other 2000$

so the signal says 2000$ but u have 4000$ 

will the signal adapt automatically or u have to stop it and restart it to go through all the options again and tell it to use the 100% of the account therefore 4000 instead of 2000?

napouser:

new guy here 2nd month using this service

so lets say u have 200 into a signal

and has already been upgraded to 250 through a series of succesfull trades

will the signal start placing orders based on 250 equity or keep thinking u only have 200?

and if u add 200 more it will start placing 2x bigger orders or not?

do u have to restart the service? restart the terminal?

thanks

Are you subscriber?
If yes so it will be written in Metatrader journal about it (or in MQL5 VPS journal in case you are using VPS).
I mean: if you or signal provider added some funds into trading accounts so it will be written for you in the journal together with
new ration for new lor size.

But it is strongly prohibited to do it (to add more funds) during the open trades: it is necessary to wait for trades to be closed.

More details - read post

signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
  • www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Sergey Golubev #:

Are you subscriber?
If yes so it will be written in Metatrader journal about it (or in MQL5 VPS journal in case you are using VPS).
I mean: if you or signal provider added some funds into trading accounts so it will be written for you in the journal together with
new ration for new lor size.

But it is strongly prohibited to do it (to add more funds) during the open trades: it is necessary to wait for trades to be closed.

More details - read post

yes i am a subscriber

i dont understand what are u saying

u saying the it will be written somewhere that i have added an extra 2000 to my account?

so it wont work automatically?

do i have to restart the client? remove the signal from my account and readd it with new options?

i have a subscription for a singla that is 1200$ and requires at least 200$ to work

i have 200 and lets say eventually these become 400 after some months of profits

do the orders go from 0.01 to 0.02 automatically or n ot?

and what if i add 200 $ more to the 220$ account

does the signal automatically start doing 0.02 orders instead of 0.01 or do i have to remove subscription and restart it with new settings and new account?

I say that if you add some funds to your trading account so lot size for copy trades will be changed for you.
But do not add any fund to your trading account during the open trades (wait for the trades to be closed).

napouser #:
... or do i have to remove subscription and restart it with new settings and new account?

You do not need to do anything (not new settings, not new account, nothing).
Just use my advice on the previous post.
And always look at the journal about which (and when) lot size will be changed for your future trades because of funds added.

And you can use this example on post to calculate your possible lot size (just place your figures in the example).

• www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Sergey Golubev #:

You do not need to do anything (not new settings, not new account, nothing).
Just use my advice on the previous post.
And always look at the journal about which (and when) lot size will be changed for your future trades because of funds added.

And you can use this example on post to calculate your possible lot size (just place your figures in the example).

oki thanks

Sergey Golubev #:

Interesting. Seeing many such accounts, I was sure it's allowed.

Why then there are signal providers who did that but were not banned? One of them for example, is still active 5 months after doing that (over 100 hundred of subscribers lost money because of that). Even worse, the signal is still one of the top signals on MQL5 and is getting new subscribers.
Reason: