Can i keep EA on chart if switch accounts within same broker

Hi, Im switching to a new account in mt5 (new phase of same prop firm, new account number only)

Question-- is there a way to keep my same set up including ea and set files when open the new account And switch to that-- or do i have to remove all ea and reset them up on charts and repopulate set files from scratch on the new account? thanks

eman11:

Hi, Im switching to a new account in mt5 (new phase of same prop firm, new account number only)

Question-- is there a way to keep my same set up including ea and set files when open the new account And switch to that-- or do i have to remove all ea and reset them up on charts and repopulate set files from scratch on the new account? thanks

You can keep the same setup and apply it to your new trading account as well, but you can't trade the same EA on both accounts simultaneously on the same terminal, unless you use MQL5 VPS to migrate each trading environment on a dedicated cloud server.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You can keep the same setup and apply it to your new trading account as well, but you can't trade the same EA on both accounts simultaneously on the same terminal, unless you use MQL5 VPS to migrate each trading environment on a dedicated cloud server.

Thanks Eleni-- question as well -whewn i move to the new account will my ea etc stay set up like before or do i have to reattach all my ea and reopen all charts in the new account

eman11 #: Thanks Eleni-- question as well -whewn i move to the new account will my ea etc stay set up like before or do i have to reattach all my ea and reopen all charts in the new account

If you are using the same terminal, you don't "move" to a new account. You simply logon to a different trade account. That is all.

Or are you perhaps, installing a new terminal to a different directory and wish to copy all your charts and setups to the new installation directory?

eman11 #:

Thanks Eleni-- question as well -whewn i move to the new account will my ea etc stay set up like before or do i have to reattach all my ea and reopen all charts in the new account

Yes, when you login to the new trading account in the same terminal, your chart/EA setup will be the same.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Yes, when you login to the new trading account in the same terminal, your chart/EA setup will be the same.

great! thanks

Logging in to another account, causes disabling Auto Trading if the option is set in terminal settings, and it also reinitializes the EA on the chart so OnDeinit and OnInit event handlers are called.

I've some same type of question please,

I am using 2 terminal 2accounts from same broker I want once setup made on terminal 1 can place on terminal 2 also, Mean same pair same chart & same EA setting can be placed to terminal automatically or by copy paste file from terminal 1 please guide.

Thanks 

Tahir Mahmood #: I've some same type of question please, I am using 2 terminal 2accounts from same broker I want once setup made on terminal 1 can place on terminal 2 also, Mean same pair same chart & same EA setting can be placed to terminal automatically or by copy paste file from terminal 1 please guide. Thanks 

Save the setup as a template and copy it to the other terminal and apply that template to the chart.

Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
A template is a set of chart window parameters that can be applied to other charts. The following data can be stored in a template: chart type and...
Reason: