how to open multiple MT5 terminals to trade different accounts

I cannot figure how?

I was told a week ago on that forum I cannot have 2 different accounts on one MT5 platform (or terminal?) and was told under the same MT5 account I can open multiple terminals and each account on my terminal. I may have misunderstood.

Explanation appreciated

Tks

Denis

parisd:

I cannot figure how?

I was told a week ago on that forum I cannot have 2 different accounts on one MT5 platform (or terminal?) and was told under the same MT5 account I can open multiple terminals and each account on my terminal. I may have misunderstood.

Explanation appreciated

Tks

Denis

You can't have 2 trading account logged in at the same time on the same MT5 terminal, there are some solutions about this:

1. You can install a 2nd (and 3rd) MT5 terminal on a different installation folder and use one trading account on each MT5 terminal.

2. If you are trading using EAs, you can employ a MQL5 VPS for each trading account and upload (migrate) your local trading environment on the cloud (MQL5 VP server). That way you can have many accounts on the same terminal and each one will trade on its dedicated MQL5 VPS.

3. If your trading accounts are of different brokers, you can install the custom MT5 terminal of each broker and trade 1 trading account on each dedicated broker terminal (I don't think that's your case though).

OK thanks, so I need different ID and Pwd to log-in in each terminal, they are unrelated on to the other, is that correct?

parisd:
OK thanks, so I need different ID and Pwd to log-in in each terminal, they are unrelated on to the other, is that correct?

What do you mean ID and password?

In order to login into a trading account you need the account number, the broker server and the master password (or investor password for monitoring purposes).

Don't confuse your MQL5 account with your trading accounts, they are 2 different things!

I mean MQL5 ID and password

parisd:
I mean MQL5 ID and password

If you re-phrase your initial question in order to understand what you mean, I may be able to help.

MT5 account is a trading account, that allows you to deposit money through your broker (not MQL5.com) and trade with it.

MQL5 account is a member account created here in MQL5.com for buying/renting products and services that will help you with your forex trading.

The above 2 things are different, don't confuse them!

My above answers are true and accurate for MT5 trading accounts, not for a MQL5 account, since there was no mention of MQL5 account in your initial post.

got it

But what I think is that if i Place a trade in my master trading account it supposed to reflect immediately in the trading account link to my master trading account but not going through
Reason: