My command prompt seems to crash/freeze after a certain amount of time being open

So I have it open accepting JSON messages 24/7 but it seems after being open for a certain period of time (this time it was about 1 week exactly) it just stops accepting new messages until I maximize the command prompt window, then suddenly all the previous messages it should have accepted come flooding in all at once.
Then it starts working again.

Is this a memory issue or does the command prompt simply not work being open that long and needs regularly restarting?

Thanks

Ps. This is on a VPS with windows server 2019 and very good specs.
4vCPUs

16GB RAM
320GB SSD

I suggest to use the CMD command "start" so that the process detaches from the CMD window.

Maybe that helps.

Dean-Trades: So I have it open accepting JSON messages 24/7 but it seems after being open for a certain period of time (this time it was about 1 week exactly) it just stops accepting new messages until I maximize the command prompt window, then suddenly all the previous messages it should have accepted come flooding in all at once. Then it starts working again. Is this a memory issue or does the command prompt simply not work being open that long and needs regularly restarting? Ps. This is on a VPS with windows server 2019 and very good specs. 4vCPUs 16GB RAM 320GB SSD
And what does this have to do with MQL or MetaTrader?

Fernando Carreiro #:
And what does this have to do with MQL or MetaTrader?

Is this not the Expert advisors and automated trading section of the forum?

It's common to use the command prompt with automated trading. Hope this helps.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
I suggest to use the CMD command "start" so that the process detaches from the CMD window.

Maybe that helps.

Interesting. I didn't know you could do that. So theoretically the process will continue running even if the CMD window freezes?

Dean-Trades #: Is this not the Expert advisors and automated trading section of the forum? It's common to use the command prompt with automated trading. Hope this helps.

No it is not common! However, you failed to mention how this is related to an EA nor did you show any of command line instructions or any relevant information that would help, not only understand what you are doing, but be able to analyse the problem to come up with a solution.

We can not see what you are doing nor can we read your mind! How do you expect us to offer help with so little information?

Fernando Carreiro #:

No it is not common! However, you failed to mention how this is related to an EA nor did you show any of command line instructions or any relevant information that would help, not only understand what you are doing, but be able to analyse the problem to come up with a solution.

We can not see what you are doing nor can we read your mind! How do you expect us to offer help with so little information?

I seem to have annoyed you again Fernando. Perhaps it is you that has the problem with people asking questions on this forum? A lot of your replies seem to stem from anger. Relax.

I gave enough information about my issue. I have the command prompt running 24/7 and it tends to freeze after a period of time. But when I interact with it, it unfreezes. I wondered if this was a common issue that by leaving the command prompt open for a long period of time, it could cause this problem. So I asked my question and waited for responses. If it was needed, I would then delve deeper into more information about the process.
It turns out Dominik replied and gave a helpful answer to my question which could solve the issue.

I was extremely disappointed to then see your unhelpful answer after it, which brought my question down and the forum's reputation down with it.

I'm guessing you are embarrassed by your first response as the command prompt is, in-fact, relevant to this section of the forum.

Please do not post on one of my questions again. It's annoying and not wanted.

Many thanks

Dean-Trades #:

I seem to have annoyed you again Fernando. Perhaps it is you that has the problem with people asking questions on this forum? A lot of your replies seem to stem from anger. Relax.

I gave enough information about my issue. I have the command prompt running 24/7 and it tends to freeze after a period of time. But when I interact with it, it unfreezes. I wondered if this was a common issue that by leaving the command prompt open for a long period of time, it could cause this problem. So I asked my question and waited for responses. If it was needed, I would then delve deeper into more information about the process.
It turns out Dominik replied and gave a helpful answer to my question which could solve the issue.

I was extremely disappointed to then see your unhelpful answer after it, which brought my question down and the forum's reputation down with it.

I'm guessing you are embarrassed by your first response as the command prompt is, in-fact, relevant to this section of the forum.

Please do not post on one of my questions again. It's annoying and not wanted.

Many thanks

Please stop with the "annoying" accusations. I've already explained before that I am not annoyed. I am mearly stating that your posts are usually lacking sufficient information for us to help you!

If you want help, don't make it difficult for us to help. You make us jump hoops to get the necessary info out of you.

I had to look at your other posts to figure out that you are probably using Python and not MQL, which means that it is not an MQL EA running on MetaTrader, but instead python code calling up the MT5 API.

It would have been much better for you to have given this information first hand instead of having to go digging into your past post to try figure something out.

Fernando Carreiro #: It would have been much better for you to have given this information first hand instead of having to go digging into your past post to try figure something out.

Exactly.

Dean-Trades: So I have it … (this time it …) it just stops …previous messages it should have … Then it starts working again.

Based on your original post, I have no idea what “it” is.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          Be precise and informative about your problem

William Roeder #:

Exactly.

Based on your original post, I have no idea what “it” is.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          Be precise and informative about your problem

William... If you read the title first and then read the post, it would not be rocket science to understand I am referring to the Command Prompt.

Dominik did not have a hard time figuring that one out.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please stop with the "annoying" accusations. I've already explained before that I am not annoyed. I am nearly stating that your posts are usually lacking sufficient information for us to help you!

If you want help, don't make it difficult for us to help. You make us jump hoops to get the necessary info out of you.

I had to look at your other posts to figure out that you are probably using Python and not MQL, which means that it is not an MQL EA running on MetaTrader, but instead python code calling up the MT5 API.

It would have been much better for you to have given this information first hand instead of having to go digging into your past post to try figure something out.

Fernando, it's your general attitude. There are other ways to reply to someone posts. You're always so aggressive/passive aggressive in your responses, it makes me not want to talk to you at all.

Perhaps I could have put a little more information, or perhaps not. What I don't need is your condescending responses.

Reason: